Views: 5557|Replies: 21

China USA - a relationship with a future. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-1 05:34:31 |Display all floors
Secretary of State Ms Rice is the highest ranking government official to visit China since the quake. Ms Rice was impressed with China's quake relieve effort. She also visited a temporary camp and school, looking through children's books with kids who survived the quake, and whom she called "friends".

Ms Rice said that the two countries have developed constructive relationships despite differences. (Cestmoi: banking and finance; harmonization of standards etc are some of the constructives. Yeah, I'll come back to harmonization, stop pushing... )

In my view and perhaps one of the important points, Ms Rice said "...it is really the relations between the American people and the Chinese people that really make the difference...".

There are many Chinese American forum members, "pjtran" for example, who loves New York. Good on you, pj, mate. You know that the Sino-American relationship will be one of the important diplomatic, trade, sports and cultural relationship which will influence other relationships of the Pacific-rim countries. It will become the signature relationship of the 21st century.

(It's okay, I am not American, I don't live in New York and I am Chinese)

Web Links
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2008-06/30/content_6807237.htm
HuRiceShakingHands.jpg
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 09:47:57 |Display all floors
There are many Chinese American forum members, "pjtran" for example, who loves New York.

Methinks..pjtran is, actually, Vietnamese-American.

From cestmoi,  2008-3-22 05:13 AM:
That and my people saw it from Chinatown, NYC.

From cestmoi, 2008-7-1 05:34:
(It's okay, I am not American, I don't live in New York and I am Chinese)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 16:11:31 |Display all floors
Advice for China.

Do business with them but don't trust a word from them.

In fact, don't even turn your back from them for a minute.

Learn from history!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 16:14:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-7-1 16:11
Advice for China.

Do business with them but don't trust a word from them.

In fact, don't even turn your back from them for a minute.

Learn from hist ...

But why???

will hands touch your butts??

Gilrs esp. Beware
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 17:36:18 |Display all floors
Of course it's a relationship with a future, that's why it has such a hard time.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 21:24:43 |Display all floors

Premier Wen's humanitarian effort acknowledged

I have thought about how to frame this in light of Ms Rice's praise of Chinese quake relief effort.

I think one person's commitment and effort really stands out and that would be Premier Wen, a premier of the people and for the people of China. Many western politicians would simply have taken a helicopter tour of the disaster area and have a few pictures taken against the backdrops in order to get more votes. But Premier Wen stayed, coordinated and focused China's effort towards disaster relieve of the quake area.

I think Ms Rice, and by extension the USofA, acknowledged Premier Wen's humanitarian effort.
PremierNRice.jpg
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 21:27:47 |Display all floors

Sinophile

Originally posted by peterb at 2008-7-1 09:47
Methinks..pjtran is, actually, Vietnamese-American.
From cestmoi,  2008-3-22 05:13 AM:
From cestmoi, 2008-7-1 05:34:

Oops, sorry pj, but you are such a sinophile that I thought of you as American with Chinese ancestry... I hope you don't mind.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.