Author: northwest

Western provocation toward Islamic world [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-26 17:28:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by renegadedog9 at 2008-6-26 16:00

That's why China just bulldozed a mosque for not supporting the Olympics, then?  Or why Muslim boys cannot attend mosque until they reach 18, right?

For such an allegation we need proof. Come forward and bring it.  Do you mean attend Friday prayers or indoctrination madrassas? If it's the latter case then well done!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 17:46:25 |Display all floors
I agree with Satsu.

We're drawing the line: to here and no further.

Governments and organisations of the Islamic world are not content with controlling their domestic matters, they want to control matters in our countries as well. Recently Jordan (in the Middle East) started boycotting my country because one person had made one, amateuristic, movie that's critical of Islam. And they issued an arrest warrent against that Dutchman. As if their judges and their religious leaders have any authority over a country thousands of kilometers away!

In political discussions China has often said: don't get involved with our internal matters. Now western countries are telling the Islamic world: how we behave, what we print in our newspapers and watch on our televisions is none of your business, back off!

A person must live by the law of the land. If I go to Saoudi Arabia or Iran I wont start drawing Mohammed cartoons there, that's their law and I accept it. And it also means that I wont visit those countries. Egypt can show its nice pyramids to someone else, Malaysia can search for other tourists to enjoy their sunny beaches, I'm not interested in going there.
It also means that we live by the law of our lands, and we have no laws against printing satiric cartoons about religious beliefs. And if Great-Britain protects a writer who's threatened by death by his religious persecutors, and awards him a medal of honour for his courage, then that's the law of Britain.
:: I'm in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, in July 2008 ::

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 18:22:40 |Display all floors

Reply #20 caringhk's post

She's my Queen too and we (NZ) enjoy Queens birthday holiday as well, so I answered it on behalf of the ANZACs, hopefully with the agreement of emu and fellow ANZACs.
RE #19, 1st paragraph; mengzhi, a knighthood isn't to be equated to a cereal prize and your attempt to do so cheapens your opinion(s). It's an honour, not always merited, that is venerable and respected and has been received by great names in history...one immediately to mind being Sir Edmund Hillary. How dare you denigrate the acheivements of those who truly merited such an award....shame on you!
Now, I'm gonna point something out at this point to my fellow forumites who're Chinese or of Chinese descent......you so boldly and loudly proclaim that it's Chinas' policy not to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries and that you support the Chinese governments's stance on this matter yet here you are interfering on HM the Queens decision to award an honour to an acclaimed, albeit it controversial, author. How about y'all butt out of our internal affairs much like I've done so regarding Chinas'. Thanks in advance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 19:37:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-6-26 20:22
She's my Queen too and we (NZ) enjoy Queens birthday holiday as well, so I answered it on behalf of the ANZACs, hopefully with the agreement of emu and fellow ANZACs....

Fully agree there, Kiwi.
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-6-26 20:22
RE #19, 1st paragraph; mengzhi, a knighthood isn't to be equated to a cereal prize and your attempt to do so cheapens your opinion(s).

Sadly Mengzhi's already cheapened his opinion well beyond the point of no return.
It's just a river of bile liberally bucketed over anything remotely "western".
He has such an inferiority complex that he wants to drag everyone else down to join him in the gutter.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-6-26 09:40 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 21:13:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-6-26 16:03
North my friend, the US didn't make Afghanistan what it was after the Soviets left. the Soviets did what they did, the US supported the Mujaheddin solely because they were fighting the Soviets and after it was all over, both superpowers backed off and left Afghans to their own which is as it should've been because they'd been subjected to how many years of foreign powers trying to annexe them. The vacuum left by the Soviets and the Najibullah government were what created, and gave rise to, the Taliban......the rest we know. ...

Kiwi,

The US didn't make today's Afghanistan in purpose, it's the extremists that throw their own country into backwardness, but the US dumped them after they have no more value to fight arch enemy Sovyets. The US allied themselves with the fundamentalists. I remember an article on how Sovyet occupation angered musl1ms all over the world, this was one historical incident that unite cross-nations religious believers to agree on one single action, fight the 'infidels' Sovyet. But by allying yourself with the world musl1ms, the US opened the first action on how faith could be a formidable force in international politics, there already first, there will be second and so on. Osama simply created because of Afghan war. There will be more unseen consequences because of Afghan war.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-26 21:19:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-6-26 16:42
I didn't know that female imams exist in China. I think that's unique and unthinkable in the Middle East or South /SE Asia. ...

Satsu_

Please refer to these links:

w  w  w . c h i n a d a i l y . c o m . c n / e n / d o c / 2 0 0 3 - 0 8 / 2 5 / c o n t e n t _ 2 5 7 9 6 9 . h  t  m

w  w  w  . a t i m e s . c o m / a t i m e s / C h i n a / H I 0 6 A d 0 1 . h  t  m  l

w  w  w . s m h . c o m . a u / n e w s / W o r l d / Islam-with-Chinese-characteristics-begins-to-take-hold / 2 0 0 5 / 0 2 / 2 5 / 1 1 0 9 1 8 0 1 1 2 7 2 7 . h  t  m  l

Fine articles about moderate musl1ms, coexists well with other ethnic groups.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-27 00:06:15 |Display all floors
She's my Queen too and we (NZ) enjoy Queens birthday holiday as well
Overall, you(NZ) are her grandsons

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.