Views: 218601|Replies: 570

Is China Ready To Be The Leader Of The World?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-25 08:16:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 09:02:55 |Display all floors

Care to elaborate?

Originally posted by jordan_c_fan at 6/24/2008 07:16 PM
In addition some countries should even join with others to gain strength to confront American aggression.

Hm... peel back the shiny new skin - and the same old heart beats?

Care to elaborate?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 10:09:27 |Display all floors
Great Jordan C Fan. You get an A+. This reeks of a propaganda essay contest winner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 10:38:33 |Display all floors
China is not ready for being a world leader, not for next 20 years. Chinese should stop thinking about being superpower or leader of world.

Once US troop withdraws from Iraq,  Iraq and Iran will unite. Saudia Arabia and Kuwait will not be safe any more, Islam extremists will be very active in Saudi Arabia. I think US will have to keep lot of troops in mideast. It will be chaos in middle east. China will play an impotant role in balancing the situation over there.  What chinese government will do will greatly determine the influence of China in the 2nd half of this century.

What We did in last 30 years is build a foundation of pyrimad (economy).  To get strong, we need spend lot of money  on foundamental technology, (it is one of the reasons why the former Soviet Unions always lagged behind United states.)

We need West for technology, so it is crucial to avoid any direct conflict with United states and keep very friendly relationship with Japan, which will give us the soft zone in conflict and get technology from Japan if not available from US. In other word, it is time now we should pay a lot more attention to quality, not quantity.

Balance the relation with Russia and with US will be crucial.

We must reform the patent system and legal system that allows talented people benefit greatly from their talents, which will stimulate innovation and technology improvement.

We should greatly promote Buddhism and Taoism,  chinese leaders, governers and CCP members  should actively get involved into religion and charity activities.

Chinese government  must learn to increase the credibility of government and media,
Chinese media must learn the skills of west media, 90% good + 10% bad  or 10% good + 90% bad,

Chinese government and Chinese people must be mentally prepared for the bumper on the road, the longer the high grow sustains, the bigger bumper there will be on the road.  I feel that very chinese are mentally prepared for the possible economic crisis.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-25 11:13:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ztoali at 2008-6-25 11:38
China is not ready for being a world leader, not for next 20 years. Chinese should stop thinking about being superpower or leader of world.

Once US troop withdraws from Iraq,  Iraq and Iran will ...

Shouldn't the question be - 'does China want to be a world leader'?

I just don't see this, at least not within the next 2 decades. There is a huge discrepancy between what some forumites want China to be and what the Chinese government wants. I agree with your assessment that China has more urgent matters on hand than to care of being a world leader in the forseeable future. Time will be on China's side but it needs patience and wisdom and no hasty actions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 11:17:25 |Display all floors
As a Chinese, I don't want China to become next superpower like the US. China should be a peaceful and wealthy country!

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-25 11:19:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cnoabt at 2008-6-25 12:17
As a Chinese, I don't want China to become next superpower like the US. China should be a peaceful and wealthy country!

I agree, this should be top priority.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.