Views: 8008|Replies: 12

Job Interview [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-23 16:43:19 |Display all floors
Hi everyone,
i'd like to share my job interview experieced here.
i've just had an interview with Tata Group in Nanjing,
it's felt that it's going well during it and we both feel not too bad to each other..

yet i think i made some mistakes during it and after it.
for example  i should have asked the Program Manager a professinoal questions,
i should have confirmed what time i could be given a final decision..
yet i didn't..

so ladies and guys, what's your idea on interviewing??
looking forward to disscuss with you..

PS: u know now the inflation is very serious in a stagnate growth society..
it's better to acquire a good income to secure our future...

[ Last edited by oggyjj at 2008-6-23 07:02 PM ]
All i can is to be a better man.
http://michael3626.spaces.live.com/Personal/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 21:44:48 |Display all floors

enough each interview ....

that is a important experience in our life ,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 23:06:02 |Display all floors

Hi Kevin001

I think it was a useful exercise for you to critique your own performance on your recent interview. Did you forget to ask when you would hear from the company, or was that something that was suggested to you after your interview?

I only learned about that simple technique less than 10 years ago when I was having a discussion about interviews with a fellow employee. I was talking about that problem of whether to call a company after an interview or just wait. They might appreciate your enthusiasm or they might be annoyed because you are pestering them. My colleague said "it is simple, ask when you might expect to hear from them. When they tell you, (or don't tell you), you can say that you will call them after that date. The technique gives you a little power.

Did you send them a letter after the interview, thanking them for their time, and maybe clarifying any answers you may have given? That letter could also be your opportunity to ask those questions you forgot to ask during the interview.

Sorry, I don't have a list of good "professional" questions to ask. It is nice to have a list of good questions that make you sound smart. But I know some questions people ask sound phoney, so avoid them. Maybe other people here can tell us of good questions that were successful for them?

I hope you get a good result!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 16:00:37 |Display all floors

Hi Ronglimeng

Thanks for your attention,
it's a must to ask when i could hear from their decision on me.. i'm gonna give them a calling this afternoon
to confirm that.

surely there are some smart questions shall be asked to show professionalism, i can google it online..
it's so hard to find a good job in china mainland now..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-29 14:39:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kevin001 at 2008-6-23 16:43
Hi everyone,
it's felt that it's going well during it and we both feel not too bad to ...

Ask him:
How many people are there?
who will I report to?
I herad that Tata started a new company in NJ.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 12:08:49 |Display all floors
and is there any particular tool directed for me to use in coming work?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-6 01:05:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kevin001 at 2008-6-23 16:43
Hi everyone,
it's felt that it's going well during it and we both feel not too bad to ...

LZ,congradulations!Recently i also hv the job interview for sparing with you althougth i had found new job for woring in other day,i remembered i join the first inform for the interview,is one shanghai garment company,due to they need senier MR,but i only should say assistant as little experience in this line,after written english and professional knowledge,subsequently is face to face interview,that General Mgr.is so serious,the questions he asked is very hard to answer,but i think my answer is ok,at last, he said ,we only need senier MR,enough experience,from your experience you should be only assistant MR.but this postion we don't need,one sentence reject me,but he said wl keep my record,once hv empty postion,inform me asap.i should hv thought no following text,but the next day,their colleague called me and asked me to take second interview,b/c i hv not resigned current job,the good i am in charge wl be delivery,it is h ard to go away,only lose this chance,but i find new job soon before resigning.i think job interview if you want to take,hv to prepare enough info,such as questions the interviewer may asked and some professional knowledge,make the interview feel you are so many experience and confindence,anyway,wish guys is finding job good luck!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.