Author: satsu_jin

A vanishing Europe and lifestyle [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-24 23:56:32 |Display all floors

A desperate liar

Poor seneka now desperately try to change his own words when caught lying.

He stated:

Originally posted by seneca at 2008-6-22 01:06
The greatest achievement for Europe, however is:Half a century without armed conflicts! ...

Then he change Europe as EU!. (After knowing Basque, Kosovo and IRA incidents)

Then he stated no armed conflicts between states. (Denying Cheznya and Yugoslavia)

Admit this seneka, you made wrong-ridiculous statement, nothing shameful to deny your own wicked prejudice.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2008-6-24 11:57 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 01:31:39 |Display all floors

The - Ly Detector - at work again

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 04:17:02 |Display all floors

Berlusconi's immunity against perjury

As my Chinese readers can see, Europeans can be a dishonest lot, in this case, involving Italy's Premier Berlusconi. Aside from being the Premier of Italy, Berlusconi is also a media mogul and rather rich, definitely rich and powerful enough to bribe a minister of state to lie to a Milan court of law.

But birbery is nothing new in Italy. I do believe Machiavelli expounded on it as a mean to an end, amongst other less savoury practices.

So, should there be immunity for Berlusconi?

The Italien Senate has approved a decree on law concerning public security. Inter alia, the decree allows legal prosecutions to be set aside for a year for minor misdemeanors, estimated to be around 100,000 (cases) a year. This could benefit Berlusconi, who is accused of bribing his former legal and financial consultant Mills to commit perjury ie. to lie to a Milan court of law.

Concurrently the (Berlusconi) coalition government is preparing a law that would grant the Premier, the President and both Heads of the two chambers of the Italien Parliament immunity during their tenure in office.

Immunität für Berlusconi?
Von Heinz-Joachim Fischer, Rom

24. Juni 2008 Der italienische Senat hat am Dienstag ein Gesetzesdekret über die öffentliche Sicherheit gebilligt. Es sieht unter anderem vor, dass Prozesse über geringfügige Straftaten - man schätzt ihre Zahl auf mehr als 100 000 - für ein Jahr ausgesetzt werden. Dies käme auch Ministerpräsident Berlusconi zugute, dem von der Mailänder Justiz vorgeworfen wird, seinen früheren Rechts- und Finanzberater Mills für eine Falschaussage vor Gericht bestochen zu haben.

Zugleich wird von der Mitte-rechts-Koalition ein Gesetz vorbereitet, das dem Ministerpräsidenten sowie dem Staatspräsidenten und den Vorsitzenden der beiden Parlamentskammern während ihrer Amtszeit Immunität verleiht.

Web Links
http://www.faz.net/s/RubA24ECD63 ... ommon~Sressort.html

What does one say to that?

What can one say to that?

Bella Italia...
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 07:01:40 |Display all floors
Welcome back pinoy (manaoag, hotchili, chessburger, elcaputo, 4444).

How many IP you plan to waste after being banned and banned?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 07:51:10 |Display all floors
Well, North, he is correct. Chechnya isn't a state and Russia isn't generally considered to be part of Europe when you discuss political and social entities. He's also correct in identifying Europe as largely synonymous with the EU, as that is what most English speakers mean by "Europe" plus Noway, Switz., and a handful of microstates most don't know about (e.g., San Marino) if you ask them to show the area they mean to discuss.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 08:14:45 |Display all floors

Some Replies...

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 6/24/2008 05:32 AM
TV,

Basically I agree with you but some corrections:

A 30 hours working week is in place ONLY in France. The norm in most Western European nations is either 35 or 38 hour of work per week. Six weeks paid vacation is not the norm, in most countries (again Western Europe ) it's 22 to 25 working days vacation p.a.

Originally posted by emucentral at 6/24/2008 06:11 AM
In Australia we have a "standard" 38 hour week, standard 4 weeks paid holidays, plus about 12 or so public holidays per year.

{...}

Of course state funded welfare is not generally an option for illegal immigrants

T
H
E
A
U
S
T
R
A
L
I
A
N
N
E
W
S
C
O
M
A
U
/
S
T
O
R
Y
/
-
H
T
M
l

Thanks for the updated material gentlemen - and for a civil conversation.  Pardon the long listing of the weblink - but the mods have been a bit twitchy on my contributions of late.

Suffice to say - if you have to get visas for mcjobs - then something is very, very wrong.

As for the issues with medical care around the world - I do believe we could go blow for blow on articles.  Bottomline - no easy answer.

I will stand on the issue of 40 hour work weeks - given the blood, sweat, and tears that went into that concept with the American workforce and management in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Mismanaged welfare systems will be the breeding grounds for immigrant issues.  There have been issues with illegals and social security in America - and I would not be surprised if it is in Europe and Australia/New Zealand too.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-25 08:15:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 6/24/2008 06:01 PM
Welcome back pinoy (manaoag, hotchili, chessburger, elcaputo, 4444).

How many IP you plan to waste after being banned and banned?

Hm... so there is a bit of I.P. Horseplay involved with the China Daily BBS?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.