Author: satsu_jin

A vanishing Europe and lifestyle [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-23 21:02:30 |Display all floors

Posts #46 and #47

Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-6-23 18:24
Oh, so you got a bit of stick from European immigration too !

No, I am just sticking to the topic. Immigration and perceived "Islamisation" of Europe are driving factors in changes to European lifestyle.

Originally posted by chrisaaron at 2008-6-23 19:17
the white is the most successful race in the past 200 years.  foe example , 200 years ago, the half of the world  population were chinese. and it's only  1/5 these days.  so what do you warry about?

The Europeans have certainly been "successful" over the last 200 years, often at the expense of other cultures and races. "White" does not entirely and accurately describe Europe, does it now?

Based on current demographics, India will have a bigger population than China by the next generation, so that 1/5th may not be entirely accurate.

I am not worried. On the other hand I would not like to see the demise of the European cultures and lifestyles (in the plural) either.

Changes, yes!  

Disappearing, no!
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 22:08:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-6-23 21:14
I repeat: Europe's greatest achievement is that its nations have been cohabiting, coexisting in unparalleled harmony and peace now for over half a century.  ...

This is stupid.

The bombings of Spanish Basques separatists, IRA violent activities, Bosnia,  Cheznya, Kosovo etc etc. Those are not in Europe?

Why don't you pass your geography class first before embarassing yourself here?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-23 23:14:16 |Display all floors

EU escalate its sanctions against Irak

The EU has agreed on a sanction against Irak over the disagreement on atomic power.

As a starter, Iran's biggest commercial bank, "Melli", must stop its tradings in EU.

French President Sarkozy said in front of the Israel Parliament, the Knesset, that a nuclear-armed Iran is not acceptable.

Meanwhile, the director of the IAEA, Baradei, warned against a military atack against Iran, [it] would be worse that all other [attacks] and turn the Near East into a fireball.

„Militärischer Angriff schlimmer als alles andere“
21. Juni 2008

Der Generaldirektor der Internationalen Atomenergiebehörde IAEA, Mohamed El Baradei, hat vor militärischen Angriffen auf Iran gewarnt. „Ein militärischer Angriff wäre schlimmer als alles andere“, sagte El Baradei mit Blick auf Drohungen aus Amerika und Israel. „Er würde den Nahen Osten in einen Feuerball verwandeln“, fügte der IAEA-Chef in einem Samstag ausgestrahlten Interview des Fernsehsenders El Arabija hinzu. Ein Regierungssprecher in Teheran wies derweil einen Vorschlag der Sechsergruppe zurück, der umfangreiche Unterstützung für den Golfstaat für eine Aussetzung der Urananreicherung zusagt.
Web Links
http://www.faz.net/s/RubE073BC45 ... ommon~Scontent.html

And with that thought, good night, China.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 05:08:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2008-6-24 00:08
This is stupid.

The bombings of Spanish Basques separatists, IRA violent activities, Bosnia,  Cheznya, Kosovo etc etc. Those are not in Europe?...

Yes you are indeed stupid.

Just one word changed in a blatant attempt to lie and misrepresent the reality ,

it should read "The bombings by Spanish Basques separatists, IRA violent activities, Bosnia,  Cheznya, Kosovo etc etc."

And then it would be clear that we're talking largely about terrorist organisations, performing terrorist acts.
It's a bit like how China claimed to have prevented some terrorist attacks originating in the Ea-st Tu-rki-stan region.

It's not the same as an army marching into another country.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 08:07:39 |Display all floors
Americans have been printing these "EURabia" type articles for a while now.

Last time I went back to Blighty, though, the main thing I noticed wasn't a huge increase in the numbers of Muslims, but the considerably greater number of Poles who are now there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 08:24:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-6-24 05:08
It's not the same as an army marching into another country. ...

This is more stupid.

seneka claimed Europe has no armed conflict for 50 years, I pointed out his failed geography lesson.

Now you divide what "separatism" and "marching toward other nation". Bosnia and Kosovo are terrorist acts? ALL are "armed conflicts", stupid.

seneka embarassed himself, now you embarass yourself.

Cure your wound emucc, it will lead more bleeding in your head.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-24 08:41:53 |Display all floors

Okay, time for comment from another P.O.V.

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 6/17/2008 08:55 AM
An interesting Op-Ed  about Europe's future from todays's 'Japan Times':

A vanishing Europe and lifestyle

By GILES MERRITT

BRUSSELS — What will it mean to be European 25 years from n ...

Okay folks, I have been watching this back and forth about I s l a m in Europe bit for a while - and I can only comment the way I have with others:

It is your damn, lazy @$$ fault Europe!

This issue of immigration into places like Germany, France, and England has been the result of the local populations getting too damn hooked on social welfare programs, like 30 hour work weeks and six week paid vacations.  Why work when "somebody else" can do the dirty work?  Much like the issues I see in Detroit and Chicago with black and whites complaining about Latinos and Asians taking away jobs - but not busting their own @$$ to work the jobs available.

To the European folks in the BBS - want to not worry about immigration?  Cut down mandatory welfare!
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.