- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 649 Hour
- Reading permission
Divorce has many negative effects on the children that live through them. |
"Broken” homes are a tough situation to deal with, that children across the United States of America attempt to handle in very similar ways.
Their reactions to the divorce itself are similar in many ways; it affects both the psychological and social aspects of their lives.
(1) It makes them really angry, aggressive, impulsive and violent as a result of observing their parents’ responses to frustration and rage.
(2) Watching their parent fight makes them disobedient, delingquent, depressed, anxious, and gives them poor self-esteem.
(3) It makes them more suicidal and self-destructive.
(4) It makes them act and react in ways that are not considered socially acceptable, and distancing themselves from their peers. They end of cutting classes and their education suffers as a result.
(5) They are more likely to use alcohol, cigarettes, and marijuana!
(6) They have more pregnancies outside of marriage, and earlier marriages (a risk factor for later divorce), poorer marital relationships, increased propensity to divorce, and poorer socioeconomic attainment.
What a mixed up society!