Views: 21125|Replies: 91

Cities in China are more vibrant than the WEST [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-10 20:51:47 |Display all floors
I had been to many cities in the West. I find that they all lack these elements :

vibrancy, loveable, fun and global outlook

Some cities in the west, you dont see a soul in the streets after 6PM. I just wonder what happen to their lifestyle? Where the youth have gone to?

I had friends from the west came here for holiday, they just find could not believe what they had seen,  The city planning, building architecture, the shopping malls and the night life are just too much for them. There is more life and activities.

I believe these speak louder than those westerners who have closed and negative mind over china. If they dont come and play, I wonder how many life do they have to miss??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-10 23:30:57 |Display all floors
i am wordless on what you are talking about. cityscape and nightlife  in different citiy and different nation are different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-10 23:59:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-6-10 23:50
Most Chinese city dwellers vegetate from early morning to late afternoon; then they vegetate behind their silly TV screen.

Including you wife? Someone force you to marry her, because she's crucial to your survival?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 00:09:03 |Display all floors
Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding.
------ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 03:01:53 |Display all floors

i2vision...

Wow... you are really a myopic little child with internet access. Sad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 04:52:19 |Display all floors

hear whatcha sayin'...

Originally posted by i2vision at 6/10/08 07:51 AM
I had been to many cities in the West. I find that they all lack these elements :

vibrancy, loveable, fun and global outlook

Some cities in the west, you dont see a soul in the streets after  ...

me too vision just the same that china itself is much more electrifyin' than any other cities in the world...very simple reasonin if one might have to think 'bout it (population, weather & not to mention boomin economy with fancy tall buildings, malls, train stations, airports, ETC...).  for a good exapmple...even a poor country like vietnam which i was born there is much more active than the US itself.  that is just how the asians conducting their fun events & ev'ryday lifestyled there.

i believe the netherland, belgium is good example of city without SOULS, and yet you WONT find a single soul outside the streets when it comes to major holidays in the USA  

but then again, i'm used to small crowd but not somethin like in CHINA...it scares me when i see a flock of people...my PEOPLE  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 05:24:26 |Display all floors
Ummm... Westwood is full of people and I don't stop meeting people on the streets till around 3am. Considering that the area is mostly populated by students, that's a very late hour on a weekday for anyone at all to be out on the streets. A lot of places in the US seem to shut down after 6pm because they're office districts: after 5pm, everyone is leaving and all the business in the area simply serves the office staff. But if you go down to the Promenade or Boardwalk in Santa Monica, Westwood, Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, the Beverly Center or Sunset Boulevard past Doheny in Los Angeles, for example, you can find where a lot of the people have decamped to. Those are just the major areas, there are many more.

And, just a note: unless someone is visiting rural Romania, all the things you describe are overwhelming for any visitor to anywhere. It comes from all the establishments being slightly foreign to them, due to language and culture, not from their sheer number or any other such thing.

[ Last edited by interesting at 2008-6-11 03:11 AM ]
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.