Author: i2vision

Cities in China are more vibrant than the WEST [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-13 14:04:18 |Display all floors

China has more small dogs than babies ...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-13 16:22:26 |Display all floors
On reflection, I do think that the OP is (to some extent) right when we look at the pavement culture in China.

However, I think weather plays a big part in this.

If you go to the UK in the rare event that there's a heatwave, it's like a different place.  The whole place is just buzzing.

And equally, in Dalian in the winter, the streets are totally empty too.  The barbecue stalls etc only come out in the summer here.

Also, the OP says that people criticise China but they shoudl note that there are lots of people buzzing around on the streets in China.  But when people criticise China, they don't claim that people aren't allowed to eat their food on the street in China.  They complain about the suppression of political dissidents and so on.

Other asian countries, like Thailand, have a *more* vibrant culture than China, whilst not having the same political restrictions, internet restrictions, cinema restrictions, food restrictions, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-13 16:56:31 |Display all floors

Oxford street

OMG, what a place on earth claimed to be the shopping district.

There are two colors to describe what the BD will agree too. Bcos colors play a part too.

Brown brick color and grey sky . These make them ...go  ........... you know.

Ya, I been to Thailand. Agree what you said.  Thailand city life is much more exciting , interactive, connective than London and most of the cities in the West.The Hotel is definitely better and more spacious. In UK, I lived in house but the bathroom is terribly small. Frankly, in summer, the train (tube)  is very stuffy and it has smell.

You can get lost easily in the city as all the buildings have the same color.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-6-13 17:11:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by renegadedog9 at 2008-6-13 17:22
On reflection, I do think that the OP is (to some extent) right when we look at the pavement culture in China.

However, I think weather plays a big part in this.

If you go to the UK in the ra ...

Other asian countries, like Thailand, have a *more* vibrant culture than China, whilst not having the same political restrictions, internet restrictions, cinema restrictions, food restrictions, etc.

What kind of food restrictions? I'm curious.

As for the Thai internet, of course it has restrictions. Anything negative about Thailand as well as about the King is prohibited. This goes for movies (cinemas) as well.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2008-6-13 06:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-13 17:19:48 |Display all floors

GSM Survey in west for vibrancy

Recently, there was a GSM Tracking survey on people in the west to see if they move around in the city or just go some places other than home.

You know what..... what a shocking result. They claimed they are very outgoing people, enjoy city life and engage in many activities to make the city more vibrant.

The result showed...............they hardly leave their home. OMG, I was ROTL.

AAMOF, this says alot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 14:28:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i2vision at 2008-6-13 19:19
OMG, I was ROTL.

OneEyedVision says he was "ROTL" !

Regularly On The Liquor ?

I was so amused when I saw his post, that I was Rolling On the Floor, Laughing !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 22:28:19 |Display all floors

Reply #73 emucentral's post

well ANZAC, you've just coined an abbreviation of another........ROTFL. Cheers and next time I'm in OZ, the beer's on me, for a round or 2!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.