Author: i2vision

Cities in China are more vibrant than the WEST [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-11 12:02:45 |Display all floors
I do wonder what western cities the OP has visited...

In terms of concerts, cinemas, gigs, clubs, pubs, etc, Western cities are leagues ahead...

That said, there is something I like about eating barbecue on a stick in the heat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 12:15:13 |Display all floors

If you can not beat us, join us. The west say.

Just name one 1st: London

You find drunken peeing in the public, around the corner of the block.  You find crazy people in the west end. You find Gay-bar , you are right, it is so accessible.  

Now, back to chelse, at night, do you see anyone? They all flock to  strip tease bar , which you find everywhere. The streets are empty as a result.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 12:50:16 |Display all floors

Reply #24 i2vision's post

....and there is no fighting in the city streets in China?

hmmmm

Green Dragon

note: To be fair, many cities in China are still rather underdeveloped. However certain cites, like Beijing, Hong Kong and maybe Guangzhou are so much enjoyable to visit. European cities are rather lovely, have you ever been to Paris. London is not too bad too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 12:51:15 |Display all floors

and i agree with mr. renegadedog.

every city in the world should develop their own character.

cheerios!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 12:51:59 |Display all floors

Drove miles to Wales

What did I see?  Not much.  Can not find my way around as they dont speak English. Signboard not in English either.  The lifestyle here is slow and steady. I think they conserve very well so the fire dragon tales are very much alive. I taught the wales people about  Kung Fu and they like it. Some wales girls think I am cute and loveable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 13:26:14 |Display all floors

Reply #4 northwest's post

Ok north my friend, I'm gonna pull you up on this one my friend. There was nothing in senecas post that warranted this personal remark. Wives etc should be kept way the hell outta the forums, it's nobodys business but the people in their family, not the forumites.........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 13:33:48 |Display all floors

Reply #19 renegadedog9's post

I'm gonna agree with you here rd. Chinas cities have a different vibrancy than many of the more easily recognosable western ones but to say that China s cities are more vibrant is a fallacy! London is a rockin town after 6pm, NY is a great place, New Orleans is, or was also, Auckland in NZ doesn't stop rockin til the small hours as a rule, Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane are great places to enjoy a nightlife as are Rio/ Berlin/Paris/Geneva/Berne/Vienna/Lisbon/Madrid/Barcelona/Nice/Monaco/Amsterdam/Brussels to name but a few. Yep, been to em all and thoroughly enjoyed the nightlife in them all. China has a great nightlife, but it's different, that's all. Another thing to remember is that in most places around China, the stores don't close til late whereas most western cities stores are closed, and open, earlier.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.