Author: i2vision

Cities in China are more vibrant than the WEST [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-11 08:29:16 |Display all floors

SFO

You knoe this city called SFO if you know where. You will see many streets beggars making streets as thier home. After 6pm, you dont see many visitors walking or dont see local people walking to add in the vibrancy for the streets. YOu dont see "life" or "energy" in the streets. The place is filled with sadness and homeless and helpless.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 08:57:28 |Display all floors

San Fran? Sydney?

Why be so coy?  Where are you now?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:19:32 |Display all floors
SFO short for  sanfrancisco

Have you been there?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:24:19 |Display all floors
That's because San Fran is mostly a city that strives for a high-quality personal lifestyle, not night life. Different US cities are actually different, you know, because American are much more mobile and thus able to pick communities that fit their interests.

I guess China is simply too homogeneous. When I lived in Boulder, CO, I enjoyed the small town feel that settled on it despite its population. In the US, there are choices for people, in China, according to you, you have one choice: get an ulcer.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:26:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i2vision at 2008-6-11 09:19

Have you been there?

boo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:41:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-6-11 09:24
When I lived in Boulder, CO, I enjoyed the small town feel that settled on it despite its population. In the US, there are choices for people, in China, according to you, you have one choice: get an ulcer.

ya, you , country bumkin, can say that again. Of course, living in the country side is so much better. You enjoy 24hrs "staying in" at home and glue your self to the TV and eat all the high in sodium food, you may as well get a cancer.Oh one more thing, gossip is the favourite pass times for men.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:48:36 |Display all floors

Nope...

Originally posted by i2vision at 6/10/2008 08:19 PM

Have you been there?

Only West Coast city I have had the pleasure of seeing is Seattle back in the 90's.  Have some relatives a little south of SF/Oakland in the Silicon Valley/San Jose area.

So, are you refering to the Haight Ashbury or Castro Districts?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.