Author: pegasus01

why so few works of sci-fiction at present age in china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-11 09:00:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-11 08:06
You really need to review your U.S. history courses for the 1950's and 1960's.

Please review the history of the Twlight Zone, the Outer Limits, and One Step Beyond.

I do believe you will  ...

Ahh yes, I remember on of the ugliest created by your batallion. The fiction of "Terror Network".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terror_Network

How many fictions also financed by your batalion Mr. Panda?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:03:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-11 08:06
You really need to review your U.S. history courses for the 1950's and 1960's.

Please review the history of the Twlight Zone, the Outer Limits, and One Step Beyond.

I do believe you will  ...

So much fiction from your batallion, Mr. Panda. Remember the ugly "Terror Network" deceit book?

How many fictions created and financed by your batallion? To ask for more budgeting.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:06:25 |Display all floors

Birng it China haters

First, its important to recognize that we are dealing with two societies that may be very different or alike, depending on your taste. China has always been proud of her past, as she should be. She withstand the erosion of time, not an easy task.
The west has always been extraordinarily good story tellers. Historical classics in the west outnumber China by far.  

It would be a mistake to interpret a lack of stories as indicative of a lack of creativity. China has given humanity a lot including Karate and the art of war.

They were creative enough to make Communism, something none thought could work, work right? They did manage to run a so called totalitarian gov that surprisingly produced nationalism.   

But, nevertheless, you are right; the Chinese stories have always been based on past historical events, and rarely about an unforeseen future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:33:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2008-6-11 07:12
..do you both really have to use your what-so-called english to attack the non english speakers...

PJ, be assured I am not 'attacking' NW over his English skills. I do actually respect his ability with English.

What I am criticising is what he is saying, not how he is saying it.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 09:39:43 |Display all floors

<chuckle>

Originally posted by northwest at 6/10/2008 08:03 PM
So much fiction from your batallion, Mr. Panda. Remember the ugly "Terror Network" deceit book?

How many fictions created and financed by your batallion? To ask for more budgeting.

When it comes to budgets - I do believe that you, and the rest of the Usual Gang of Forumites, have me beat hands down.

I guarntee that the folks in Beijing know exactly who I am, what I do, and how much I make - hence I am still posting messages.   I am "harmless".
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 10:40:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-6-11 10:34
Chin ese (not including overseas-based loutmouths) people have ALWAYS been faced with natural calamities AND MAN-MADE problems, such as insensitive cultural commissars. Remember, China's best w ...

Then why you're still here? even marry one? you may leave a. s. a. p
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-11 10:42:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-6-11 09:39
When it comes to budgets - I do believe that you, and the rest of the Usual Gang of Forumites, have me beat hands down.

I guarntee that the folks in Beijing know exactly who I am, what I do, ...

Me? what budget do I have.

Poor emucc ever accused me for being one of the mods, government official even party apparatus.

Now which one you're accusing me to?

You're right, they should know you. I've met several people like you in personal here.

Oh, and those hundreds of spy sattelite above my head.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.