Views: 7525|Replies: 6

Let's comment on Fan Paopao [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-2 16:26:51 |Display all floors
Fan Paopao
Fan Paopao, or Escape Fan, was a nickname ironically given by net friends for his irresponsible run-away from the classroom regardless of his students during the May 12 earthquake, and mostly for his unusual remarks posted on his blog saying that he could even abandon his mother, not to mention his students, when the earthquake hit.

He also backfired why a teacher should not flee away in that emergency but risking his or her life in saving others?! His views triggered a storm of debate on the Internet and he himself became an Internet stirrer.

The first time when I learned this I was greatly shocked. Yes, you could run away as fast as possible under that circumstance, and you became so nervous that you left your students, but why did you post those remarks on the Internet in that time when most people focused on the quake relief? Just to prove that you are distinctive? I can’t help but remember the Zhou Tiger case. I wonder whether it is again an issue of material benefit?!

In China, there is a motto for teachers saying “Learn to be an Excellent Teacher and Act as an Exemplary Person”, which, I think, is a valuable legacy passed down by our forefathers, as well as the fine tradition of Chinese people. But Mr. Fan Paopao, a middle school teacher of the quake-stricken area, defied this not very much by his instinctive flee, but by his provocative and selfish remarks. I wonder how a teacher like this instructs his students morally and virtuously.

As a human being, you could flee away, but as a teacher, you are unqualified.      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-2 23:59:05 |Display all floors
for himself for a human being,escape when catastrophe comes isn't wrong.But it's disgusting that he display his action on line
which  reflects his SB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-3 06:41:07 |Display all floors

Honesty or Shamlessness

This is a $64 question.

The aftershocks of the Sichuan earthquake are more than a physical/geological term.

Let's face those crashes, physically and morally.  However, I recommend this article for all of us, especially during this hard time.

http://txs.youth.cn/xljk/200805/t20080520_718282.htm

专家请老师别再内疚 

“如果当时你没能救学生,请不要再继续内疚了,这是人在遇到灾难时的本能反应……”昨日下午,广州心理救助队的专家来到绵阳安县的一所小学,为受灾的40多名老师上了一堂心理辅导课,为老师“卸包袱”。 

安县花海小学的一半校舍在地震中垮塌,但因为地震发生时多数孩子都在操场上玩耍,因此所有孩子都安然无恙。由于部分教学楼没有坍塌,学校还接受了部分其他学校的学生。现在,该校五六年级的孩子已经复课。 

心理咨询师胡慎之表示,人在遇到危险的时候,会有三种本能反映。第一种是非常兴奋、冒死救人。第二种是麻木、呈木僵状态。第三种是逃避,也就是逃跑。“不知道我们老师当中有没有地震时由于自己害怕逃命的?这种老师现在很可能形成内疚心理,责备自己没有及时地救学生。” 

胡医生认为这种老师没有必要自责,逃跑是人的本能反应,是一种自然状态,在遇到一些大灾时,这样的反应是正常的。 

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-4 15:51:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by afri_simba at 2008-6-3 06:41
This is a $64 question.

The aftershocks of the Sichuan earthquake are more than a physical/geological term.

Let's face those crashes, physically and morally.  However, I recommend this articl ...

Ok,it is said that  to escape is the appetence of human when the disaster, but sometimes, responsibility is more important than the so called appetence.

I really hate Paopao Fan's saying and his acting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-4 15:56:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by maybaby at 2008-6-4 15:51

Ok,it is said that  to escape is the appetence of human when the disaster, but sometimes, responsibility is more important than the so called appetence.

I really hate Paopao Fan's saying an ...

appetence???

appeasement -soothe human
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-4 17:17:37 |Display all floors
the quake didnot kill him is god  let us  know : the world is not prefect , the god give us a new one to recieve our pit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-1 20:42:30 |Display all floors

that is so wrong!

Originally posted by afri_simba at 2008-6-3 06:41
This is a $64 question.

Let's face those crashes, physically and morally.  However, I recommend this articl ...

so? even if all those psycologist or whatever say that running away is the normal reaction, THE NORMAL REACTION DOES NOT INCLUDE LEAVING OTHER PEOPLE IN DANGER! SUMORE HE IS IN CHARGE OF THEIR SAFETY LAR KNN THAT PYSCOLOGIST TALK COCK!!

if i were that bastard's student and wen we went out and asked him angrily why he left us alone and he said he would even abandon his own mother, i would surely scream at him vulgarities in french regardless of the fact that he is a teacher and i should respect a teacher. cos  this kind of cold blooded beast should not be qualified as a teacher! if he dares to harm me i would fight with him...TIL ONE OF US DIES. CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.