Author: chinadaily

Sharon Stone: Was China quake `bad karma?'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-18 07:31:45 |Display all floors
Colorado wildfires destroy at least 181 homes

Sun Jun 17, 2012

Crews in northern Colorado braced for powerful fire-fanning winds as they battle a blaze that has scorched about 85 square miles of mountainous forest land and destroyed at least 181 homes, the most in state history.

The destructiveness of the High Park Fire burning 15 miles west of Fort Collins surpassed the Fourmile Canyon wildfire, which destroyed 169 homes west of Boulder in September 2010.

More than 1,630 personnel worked on the fire Saturday, officials said in a late-night news release. That was an increase of more than 100 firefighters from a day earlier.

The lightning-caused blaze, which is believed to have killed a 62-year-old woman whose body was found in her cabin, was 45 percent contained, Cpl. Julie Berney of the Larimer County sheriff’s office said Sunday. The fire’s incident commander said full containment could be two to four weeks away.

Crews faced difficult conditions Sunday with wind gusts expected to hit 50 mph along ridge tops and in Poudre Canyon and temperatures in the 90-degree range.

The fire was reported June 9 and has since raced through large swaths of private and U.S. Forest Service land. NY Daily News

HIGHLIGHTS

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, who oversees the Forest Service, met with fire managers in Fort Collins on Saturday and said “fighting this fire is going to require us to be aggressive, persistent and also patient. LA Times

In New Mexico, fire has destroyed 242 homes and commercial structures. It had burned 59 square miles and was 60 percent contained as of Saturday night. AP

In Arizona, a blaze in the Tonto National Forest has doubled in size to 3,100 acres. Officials said Saturday night that the fire was 15 percent contained and firefighters continued to battle unseasonably dry fuels, high temperatures and low humidity. Reuters

Diane Abbot (British MP): Anglos love playing divide and rule
David Cameron (British PM): Anglos caused most of the world's problems!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 08:00:31 |Display all floors
firstcause Post time: 2012-5-24 07:05
Major wildfires continue to rage in southwestern US

Tue May 22, 2012

Now I want to see whether Sharon see this as "bad karma" for the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 08:18:59 |Display all floors
Sharon can talk what she like, without using her brains, because she had a golden puss.Y which has not turn white yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 08:32:46 |Display all floors
Hey guy's, you have got to laugh at and disregard anything that comes out of a Hollywood celebrities mouth, their a bunch of self important narcissistic morons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 08:59:51 |Display all floors
If there is such a thing as angering the gods and incurring their wrath then American is in deep do-do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 09:27:40 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2008-5-28 13:25
Sharon Stone

Strange ???????????  
After just 3 or 4 posts my  thread dissappeared.  Is this normal?

I thought it had been removed because of the topic.

Can anyone enlighten me on this procedure, please.

Karma?

have you sinned at at time?

Have you been bad boy?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 13:34:57 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2012-6-18 08:00
Now I want to see whether Sharon see this as "bad karma" for the US.

I hope you noticed the news is from 2008.

And I think you are right with bad karma for the US, in terms of what happened to the American Indians is comparable to what happens here since 1959.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.