Views: 38560|Replies: 106

China Has "Officially" Entered The Next Level Of Development [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-24 18:11:57 |Display all floors
Congratulations China! You Have "Officially" Entered The Next Level Of Development!

It may have taken a tragic event to force some transparency changes, but I can quite confidently say this, the way both the Chinese government and CHinese media have handled the earthquake. China is now at the next stage in their development, no one can doubt this.

If developing a country is like walking up stairs, then China has officially taken a full complete step higher. You're not there yet CHina, don't get too big-headed about it, it's always important to remain humble (particularly because it took a tragic event to bring it about) but I am very impressed by the professional handling of this whole event.

It's great to see China opening up and progressing. Let's hope it doesn't stop here and continues to grow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-24 18:17:31 |Display all floors
Ummmm....

There are only three stages of development: undeveloped, developing and developed. China has been in the second category since about 1820 and that has not changed recently.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-24 18:21:07 |Display all floors
Hasn't changed since the cultural revolution and great leap forward days?

Hasn't changed since the 19.89 event?

Hasn't changed sinced the 1970 earthquake?

Hasn't changed since the SARS cover up?

Yes, I agree there is still a long way to go, but saying not a lot has changed since 1820 is a slight exaggeration I think.... :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-24 18:29:12 |Display all floors
MW,

China has been a developing nation since 1820. That has not changed. The US has been a developed country since around 1750 at least, that has not changed. Britain has been a developed country since sometime around 1600, that has not changed. And so on.

Shove the rhetoric, there are no extra steps in development.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-24 18:35:28 |Display all floors

MW, I am still waiting ...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-24 18:38:27 |Display all floors
I never said that the CHinese are now a "developed" country. When did I say that? And why all this comparing?

China has been a developed nation since some time around 2,000 B.C. It's only since 1820 that they became a developING country thanks to the looting and destruction brought about by foreign European imperialist powers amongst other things. Before that they were more developed than any other nation.

China is opening up and developing. What is your specific argument relating to CHina not developing?

[ Last edited by middleway at 2008-5-24 06:40 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-24 18:41:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-5-24 19:17
Ummmm....

There are only three stages of development: undeveloped, developing and developed. China has been in the second category since about 1820 and that has not changed recently.

It's always great to hear the opinion of our resident expert. What would we all do without you? Real China experts are few and far between.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.