Author: satsu_jin

Asia's rise befalls the West [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-29 16:06:34 |Display all floors

Three Mouseketeers ?

The Three Amigos are all at sea I am afraid .

*1.  Britain was the colonial master of Burma and Sudan for more than half a century each . During those times , the colonialists did nothing to groom and educate a ruling class because the British Empire was supposed to last  a thousand years or more !  Sadly for the Poms but luckily for the colonized , they were kicked out after WWII.   The examples set by those brutal dictators ( read colonizers ) in using force and guns to settle everything is deeply ingrained into their psyche . Dictators also get to have their sticky fingers on to the country's coffers and loot , just like the Brits did . Thus the outbreak of civil  wars and warlordism everywhere in ex-British colonies .

*2.  The coy and coquettish US supplies more arms than the next 10 biggest suppliers in the world !! Enough said . You work out the sums buddy amigos , you work it out . I hope your mental arithmetic is better than your current affairs !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-29 20:52:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canadianbob at 2008-5-29 02:29
Says Burma gets "most of its weapons from the US and UK".

China is the main arms supplier. It has supplied Burma with advanced helicopter gunships, arms production technology, and support equipment such as trucks and vehicles. Chinese-manufactured Mi-8 helicopter gunships have been photographed supporting Burmese military actions in eastern Burma where Burmese troops have committed numerous war crimes against civilians and massive displacement in its attacks on ethnic minority separatist groups. Beijing has also supplied small arms, including mortars, landmines, and assault rifles, as well as assistance in setting up an indigenous small-arms production capability. China has supplied a vast array of advanced military hardware to Burma, including fighter planes, naval vessels and tanks, and other infantry support weapons.

Ouch!

That one had to hurt.

The question remains: Why does China continue to supply this evil government with weapons?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-29 20:56:33 |Display all floors
It's pretty clear that Mengzhi knows less about Burma than he knows about China or Australia. Mengzhi needs to go back to the Malaysian village he's from!
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 09:37:03 |Display all floors
The US supplied more arms than the next 10 biggest arms merchant nations put together .  If you Amigos choose to avert your eyes on the wall and engage in another round or personal attacks , be my guests .  The fact remains that the US is the greatest supplier of weapons of mass and small destruction .  It is difficult to admit this isn't it ? Especially for the likes of foul-mouth feral like MGDY.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 10:52:20 |Display all floors

Reply #56 mengzhi's post

meng ole pal, hate to say this, but you live in one of those very lands grabbed at the point of a gun, so this point you've made is kinda hypocritical don't you think? Can't have your cake and eat it too and it seems that's what you're trying to do. Let me reiterate what your demigod Mao Zedong said..."power comes from the barrel of a gun". Now, you're a proponent of this maxim if Chinese folks use it, but decry and denigrate those non Chinese who do, and have used it......c'mon meng, the playing field you're trying to make us play on is anything but level!
#60; once agin me old mate, you appear to blame current generations for the sins of their fathers, if they were, indeed sins. It's kinda like me blaming you for the CR.....sucks doesn't it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 10:59:21 |Display all floors

Reply #72 mengzhi's post

The trouble is ole pal, that when faced with an incontrovertable truth that goes against your belief that China is perfect, therefore infallible, you instantly return with age old, but the US......., or the UK were/are/did etc. You're not helping yourself and are, sadly, showing your inability to provide us with anything remotely resembling intelligent debate or argument. The age old saying my friend, is..."2 wrongs don't make a right" and if you believe China is as great as you think it is, then why do these things happen, IE, supplying arms to the Junta you hate so much? You can't put the shoe on the other foot when it suits you, you can't change lanes when you're in a plane and you can't use this argument and expect to get away with it.....ming bai!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-30 14:49:44 |Display all floors

China is no punching bag .

Dear Kiwi,

China is not the only arms supplier to the government of Sudan or Myanmar . From this clear fact let us proceed . To bang on about China being solely responsible for all the unsavory things the governments in these places have done is hurtful , false and reprehensible . China trades with these two nations , as are hundreds of others including Australia and Europe . The rest of the world have greater supplies of arms to these two countries than China , and for longer .  

I hope you can calm yourself down and digest these unchallengeable facts .  Then come back and tell me why I should not take umbrage when China is wrongly picked upon as the instigator of all the sins of these regimes . It defies any mature and intellectual thoughts , mate .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.