Views: 10539|Replies: 48

In time of Disaster, the West doesn't forget to bash China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-19 12:42:48 |Display all floors
Today's Global Times reports: Germany's Der Spiegel magazine carried a story in its recent edition, saying that the recent rescue efforts and top national leaders of communist party are merely busy putting on  political shows to dilute its damage of poor human rights record.  The article also said all the rescue work is part of the communists' PR strategy to repair its damaged image on the international stage.  

Germany's Stern magazine also carried a smiliar story.

According to May 16th's Guangming Daily, Marie Heuzé, the Director of the United Nations Information Service in Geneva, today rebutted certain Western reporter criticism on China's quake relief based on the so-called "Freedom of the Press".   "I won't have you saying that!"  said the press officer when being challenged by a western reporter  as a Briefing on Earthquake Rescue almost ended, a Western reporter claimed that Chinese Government's prohibiting Western media from entering the quake zone for news coverage was a violation of "the Freedom of the Press".  

UK's Human Rights Committee will meet D.L's representatives for a hearing on so-called "China's human rights abuse" because China quelled a riot in TBT when rioters killed 5 innocent Han-Chinese shoppers and injured dozens more.   the Gang will also visit Germany and France for the same purpose.

Im Speechless

ALSO, the S. Korean media expressed their concern that their president Lee Myung-bak would be snubbed on his scheduled trip late this month, as China and its top leadership are so much occupied with their rescue work in quake-hit regions.  Some web surfers even threatened their government not to donate any money to China if that happened.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 14:11:39 |Display all floors

Reply #1 reportersh's post

I'm actually encouraged by Chinese media coverage of it, and also by Wen Jiabao & Hu Jintaos visits. It puts a caring and human face to the leadership in Beijing, is great PR and shows that humans do actually have rights in China, to live and be assisted for example. Good show!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 21:51:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-5-19 14:11
I'm actually encouraged by Chinese media coverage of it, and also by Wen Jiabao & Hu Jintaos visits. It puts a caring and human face to the leadership in Beijing, is great PR and shows that hum ...

It's not a show, i do not like the wording
The country is the people's country and the top leaders are integraed with the masses. They do not need to show ,they just do what they want and usually do.
BTW, the western country which boasted of being the invetnors of human rights and humanity appear very inhuman in front of such a disaster, what a group of hypocrites !
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 22:38:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-5-19 14:11
I'm actually encouraged by Chinese media coverage of it, and also by Wen Jiabao & Hu Jintaos visits. It puts a caring and human face to the leadership in Beijing, is great PR and shows that hum ...

Never mind if it's a show or not, enough of human rights or whatsoever, just believe what you want to believe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-19 23:27:28 |Display all floors
You are deadly mistaken if you think western people like the editors in  Der Spiegel care about Chinese ppl's wellfare for a split second. Humanrights is something they run in their mouths, not in their minds.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 00:33:28 |Display all floors
BTW, the western country which boasted of being the invetnors of human rights and humanity appear very inhuman in front of such a disaster, what a group of hypocrites !

That's why France gives 80 tons of first aid kit... I think that's not enough, but I also heard that China refuses helps from stranger secourists...even I'm sure you have good one, refusing helps because it comes from outside...not far from murder for me...

Hope that a maximum of people will be save....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-20 09:45:54 |Display all floors
I think incidents over the past several months have clearly shown the ugly nature of the West: Hyprocrisy. An Indisputable Fact

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.