Views: 17561|Replies: 67

USA has invaded 66 countries since WW2 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-15 22:50:55 |Display all floors
I heard today that since world war 2 america has invadaded and/or bombed a total of 66 countries. That's food for thought!

In my opinion however, the absolute worst thing they ever did was in Cambodia, that is their lowest point in history. I stand up for a lot of American values and ways of life in the free world, but for some foreign policies, they've done some good things in the world also, but what happened and is still happening in Cambodia was simply unbelievable and a typical example of the sometimes arrogance and simple impatience that comes through in their foreign policies.

"Quick, send a heap of weapons to Afghanistan to wipe out the Russians quickly and easily!" (20 years later...)

When is America going to learn that shock and awe insn't always the best policy. I sympathise with them at times, I can see the difficulty in some of the big decisions they have to make, but at the same time no wonder they create so many enemies...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 02:36:53 |Display all floors

I just checked. It seems that the six billions human beings on earth live on something like 245 countries, territories or entities.
Sixty and change, since WW2 ................................  looks to me a lot !!!!!! One sovereign country every year.
Can you give the Americans a discount ???

Can you post a list, and some dates ............................................ . so we can start taking seriously your message?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 08:01:17 |Display all floors

William Blum's list of countries bombed

Originally posted by kaifengavi at 2008-5-16 02:36

I just checked. It seems that the six billions human beings on earth live on something like 245 countries, territories or entities.
Sixty and change, since WW2 ............................. ...

For the past 50-plus years, the foreign policy of the United States, has taken the U.S. military around the globe, exploiting one nation after another. This creeping imperialism is causing concern all around the world. Author Chalmers Johnson states that the U.S. has 6,000 bases in 130 countries. What the U.S. cannot get with bribes and indecent maneuvers in the UN, it gets with bombs. An updated list of the countries that the U.S. has bombed since WW 2, as compiled by historian William Blum follows: China (1945-46), Korea (1950-53), China (1950-53), Guatemala (1954), Indonesia (1958), Cuba (1959-60), Guatemala (1960), Congo (1964), Peru (1965), Laos (1964-73), Vietnam (1961-73), Cambodia (1969-70), Guatemala (1967-69), Grenada (1983), Libya (1986), El Salvador (1980), Panama (1989), Iraq (1991-2004), Sudan (1998), Afghanistan (1998-2003), Yugoslavia (1999). This is only a partial list. It does not contain the countries, such as Colombia, where the secret U.S. army of mercenaries is doing the bombing. It does not list locations that were bombed and contaminated as testing sites, such as Vieques.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 09:08:41 |Display all floors

Peterb, ni hao.
I have already explained you that I do not take upon myself the defense of USA. I have enough work trying to defend Israel position on the web ..............

However, I do not like to read bull sh.t in a place where intelligent people share their views, their thoughts and their believes...... specially if I participate at such place.

It reminds me an obscure part of the jewish history. In eastern Europe jews were accused of kidnaping and killing gentiles babies for the purpose of using their blood in the manufacture of "matzot" (a kind of bread that the jews eat in Pesaj, Passover). In response to this fallacie, the ignorant gentile peasants of eastern Europe, organized pogroms (massive lutting, beating and killing of jews) to prevent the jews from killling their babies..........

Can you see my line, Peterb ?????

I will check on this historian. My experience is that 95% of what is published in forums like this one ....... are fallacies, to say the least.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 09:12:52 |Display all floors
middleway,

You are being unfair and unfriendly here . Americans only do delivery of justice , democracy and freedom . They don't do invasion , annihilation or nasty things . Please , are you going to jeopardize the USAUS alliance with such loose talk ? You will be monitored and tagged by the CIA and ASIO soon , if not before .

Americans always wage wars which are just  and justified ,nothing less . See Iraq , Afghanistan and before that Korea , Vietnam , Cambodia  and all those covert  regime change  ( Allende of Chile murdered for Pinochet ).

The US is the only source of sweetness and light . And if you do not subscribe to it , they will regime change you too . Be careful now .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 09:44:22 |Display all floors
Hi again, Avi,

Yes, agreed, that errors, fallacies and exaggerations exist.

However, that  U.S. bombing and invasions of other countries since ww2 has resulted in the deaths of millions of innocent people (including women and children) could not be disputed. The rise of the neo-cons in the U.S. has given such policies new impetus, particularly with their desire for regime change thro' military means. That this idea has backfired badly can be seen in the consequences of the Iraq war, a war based on lies and deception; the rise of Iranian influence and the economic cost to the U.S., not to mention the cost in human misery of the ongoing killing.

I once thought that the U.S. may have learnt its lesson from the Vietnam war, but it seems not.

War is a tremendous waste of human resources, although there are times when it can't be avoided. But it should always be the last option. Bush's attitude seems to be to shoot first and worry about the consequences later.

That China's recent economic growth has been concomitant with no such military adventures is no accident.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-16 09:53:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kaifengavi at 2008-5-16 09:08

Peterb, ni hao.
I have already explained you that I do not take upon myself the defense of USA. I have enough work trying to defend Israel position on the web ..............

However, I d ...

Huanying Avi,

Yes, of course, I can see your point, Avi. Awaiting mod approval for a more detailed reply.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.