Views: 2978|Replies: 15

About acupuncture [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-5-9 22:01:40 |Display all floors
I kknow that China is famous for acupuncture methods.I have got the following questions.
Do you trust acupuncture methods?
Is there something that someone should be careful or any dangers?
Does it have side effects?
Is it effective?
Do you know a professional center in Beijing?
Thanks for your answers  in advance
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-9 23:38:35 |Display all floors
Yes, it's effective and I trust it.

Contact this, one of the best, government affiliated institution.

http://www.catcm.ac.cn/
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 08:13:37 |Display all floors

xilaren

I do believe that is a very good method of treatment. I personally have been treated by acupuncture method. I had a leg trauma in a soccer game with friends. It hurt so badly expecially when the weather changes because the trauma lead to nerve problem. I tried couple doctors but their medicine did not completely resolve the problem. Then one of my friend told me to try acupuncture method. I tried and I felt better. It is good.
What is quality in modern management?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 11:33:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2008-5-9 22:01
I kknow that China is famous for acupuncture methods.I have got the following questions.
Do you trust acupuncture methods?
Is there something that someone should be careful or any dangers?
Does  ...

I have had accupuncture for a back problem at one of the local hospitals.

The sensation of it working was similar to deep heat treatment after about 20 minutes. However, every time I had the accupuncture, there was one particular spot which was distinctly uncomfortable as the needle was inserted (as if they were hitting a nerve). Eventually I requested that they changed from accupuncture to electrotherapy as it was essentially a problem with muscles.

In my experience the electrotherapy was just as effective and just as long lasting but without the initial discomfort.

If you select a hospital or clinic, make sure that the needles that they use come in sealed packs.

I think it has the potential to work if your practicioner is properly trained. The hospital that I went to insisted on an MRI scan before starting treatment - possibly a good indication of the degree of professionalism in that they were treating the problem, not the symptoms.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 14:46:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2008-5-9 23:38
Yes, it's effective and I trust it.

Contact this, one of the best, government affiliated institution.

http://www.catcm.ac.cn/

Thanks a lot.It will help to get informed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 14:51:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fatdragon at 2008-5-10 11:33

I have had accupuncture for a back problem at one of the local hospitals.

The sensation of it working was similar to deep heat treatment after about 20 minutes. However, every time I had th ...

Thank you very much.
To be more specific it is not for me.One friend of mine who knows that I am going to visit China this summer wants me to visit one center of accupuncture and get information because she is smoking a lot and she wants to get rid of this habit.Then next year she wants to come to China and have this treatment.
Do you also know if the doctors are going to use sealed needles?I have to find a good center for her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 14:52:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-5-10 14:47
Acupuncture is effective in given situations; it has no rival in many cases. The West has been slowly but inexorably accepting this fact.

I strongly recommend a good book on the topic: HEALTH B ...
Is it a good method for someone who wants to cut off smoking?Does it work?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.