Author: xilaren

About acupuncture [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-10 15:45:41 |Display all floors

xilaren

I have heard of how effectively acupuncture does with pain and metal issues but not with addiction. It is kind of new for me. I will look it up if anyone knows more about it.
What is quality in modern management?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 16:18:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2008-5-10 14:51

Thank you very much.
To be more specific it is not for me.One friend of mine who knows that I am going to visit China this summer wants me to visit one center of accupuncture and get information ...

My Doctor wife tells me that it is standard practice for everybody to use one time sealed needles here. However, that is not to say that a very small number may not and your friend should excercise the same degree of caution as she would with a private clinic in the West - look for the sealed packs of needles.

I have no idea of the effectiveness of acupuncture beyond muscular treatment. My best guess is that it is like many alternative therapies which appear to rely on the belief that they are working rather than any physical intervention. Personally, I would save my money and buy chewing gum.

Treatment for addiction through acupuncture is not commonly available in China. However, my wife tells me that in China there is a developing interest in the applications of accupuncture being promoted in the West. The place to ask would be the drug stores who could direct you to a small clinic who claim an understanding on the subject.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 17:30:34 |Display all floors
if  you  come  to  shanghai,i  could  introduce  a  good  acupuncture   doctor  to  you.

some  months  betore,i  took  the  acupuncture,very  best!nice!  i  adore  this !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-10 21:23:17 |Display all floors
Xilaren:

In your opening post you ask for the pros and cons of acupuncture.

One of the down sides is the increased risk of contracting hepatitis - from the needles. This has been an issue here in Canada. You can find out more by googling the key words.

I suppose any medical treatment has its risks. Govern yourself accordingly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-11 15:28:10 |Display all floors
I think it works.
If it don't ,it can't exist for so many years

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-5-11 18:05:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by salvation at 2008-5-10 17:30
if  you  come  to  shanghai,i  could  introduce  a  good  acupuncture   doctor  to  you.

some  months  betore,i  took  the  acupuncture,very  best!nice!  i  adore  this !

Thank you but it is not for me.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-11 23:41:55 |Display all floors
try it, it is useful and unique, worth to test

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.