Post time 2008-5-17 16:04:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 18:05:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 22:49:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-5-17 08:13

Although I do agree with you that it's a bit strange to see China courting the Russians I can understand it. The main reason is obvious. Western Europe and North America try everything to destroy China in its present borders. Anti China campaigns over the last couple of weeks have clearly shown this for everybody to see. Should China do nothing when her territorial integrity is at risk? I don't think so. The logical consequence is to look for Russia as a partner. This has even the advantage of closer relations with New Delhi, a longtime Russian ally.

This does make a lot of sense satsu jin. You have answered my question :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 22:50:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-5-17 08:19
Russia just HAPPENS to share a very long border with China.  It is to China's benefit to be on good terms with Russia.  The relationship with the USSR has not always been smooth.  But that with Russia since the demise of the USSR has been mostly benign.  There has been real technology transfer in the military cooperation area, and Russian oil and gas support China's growth.  As for the fact that Russia "just wants to use China as a tool for its own ends," show me a country that doesn't.

Narrow the differences, amplify the common interest - that's about the most you can hope for in modern diplomacy.   Russia and China have MANY common interests today and in the next 20 years.  We wish the big neighbor well, so they can buy more things Chinese.

This also does make a lot of sense tongluren. You have also answered my question :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 22:53:05 |Display all floors
But will anyone answer my BIGGEST QUESTION about Russia...

Why are female Russian tennis players always so hot?!!!!!!!!!

Sharapova...  Arooooooooo! Give me some of that please, with gravy! :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.