Views: 4553|Replies: 17

China and the USA both may not be the answer. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-7 17:05:08 |Display all floors
All this talk about the 2 power nations, USA and China. I was just wondering, has anyone ever considered the possibility that China and the USA both may not have the answers to all of the worlds problems? (shock! Horror!) That China and the USA both in fact equally contribute to a lot of the worlds problems more than they help? That some time in the future the rest of the world will enjoy simply sitting back watching the political sideshow of these 2 countries going at each other both trying to rule the world and claiming the best system, whilst the less economically driven countries of the world, the countries that aren't so over-obsessed with crazy flag-waving and over-the-top patriotic garbage are the nations that are far better off?

Just a thought. Any comments?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 17:11:18 |Display all floors
and please, for the love of god, no comments about "You white trash evil china bashing spl/ittist, you are just trying the break Chi.na!" I'm so sick of that immature crap! Grow up morons!

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-7 17:50:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middleway at 2008-5-7 18:05
All this talk about the 2 power nations, USA and China. I was just wondering, has anyone ever considered the possibility that China and the USA both may not have the answers to all of the wo ...

Yeah, some comments from me:

I believe that there is a substantial difference between the US and China. The US is the unchallenged world power no.1, both economically (still) and militarily (even for many decades to come). China is still a developing country or better a newly industrializing country. China -as far as I can tell- does not want to be a hegemony power. China does not lead wars in all four corners of the planet. I'm not saying that the US has no right to interfere in some countries if they do challenge US national security but it would certainly be much more appreciated by the international community if they' d talk first before sending troops. Last but not least I have yet to see that China wants to export her model of state and society to other countries.

Taking all this into consideration I firmly believe that China is no threat to others. Just my two yen.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2008-5-7 06:51 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 17:56:32 |Display all floors
Very valid points Satsu. China and USA are different countries. :)

I think they could balance each other well the 2 countries in the future, hopefully. We are yet to see how CHina would respond to the genuine pressure of being the world superpower having to make the big decisions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 18:04:02 |Display all floors
deleted

[ Last edited by middleway at 2008-5-7 06:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 19:07:09 |Display all floors
The US is a warmongering , self centered nation with no qualms about breaking all international laws and convention to ensure her own " national interests " . Illegal wars , torture and incarceration of people without fair trials .

China is an emerging power , using soft approach in trade , culture ,sports on equal and mutually respectable conditions . China has no jackboots on any body's land and have no ambitions to interfere with the internal affairs of sovereign states .

It is this contrast Yin-Yang which is going to balance the world power poles and hopefully keep the globe spinning on its axis .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-7 19:14:19 |Display all floors
sounds fair enough to me maengzhi, I hope you're right, it would be good for everyone, the east and the west balanced.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.