Views: 11294|Replies: 15

Olympic torch relay kicks off in mainland [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-4 17:08:37 |Display all floors
SANYA, Hainan -- The 2008 Beijing Olympic torch relay kicked off here Sunday morning, the first leg in the Chinese mainland.

At the Fire Phoenix Square of the Phoenix Island, China's short track speed skating Olympic champion Yang Yang became the first torchbearer.

"I felt both excited and nervous to be the first torchbearer in the Chinese mainland," said Yang, the first Chinese gold medalist in the Winter Olympic Games.

Yang won two gold medals in the women's 500m and 1,000m short track speed skating at the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games in 2002 to end China's gold drought at the winter Olympics.

She has collected a total of 59 world titles in her career in the World Championships and World Cups before her retirement at the age of 30 in August, 2006.

A total of 208 torchbearers will run through the 30.09 km route that will end at the scenic spot of Tianya Haijiao, passing the Crown of Beauty Center, Haiyue Square of Sanya Gulf and Haihong Square.

This is the first leg of the 2008 Beijing Olympic torch relay in the Chinese mainland.

Under the schedule, the flame will go to Wuzhishan city on Monday, and arrive in Haikou, the capital city of Hainan Province on Tuesday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-4 22:53:22 |Display all floors

Wonderful

Today id a great and  amazing day !!!
The torch has been coming! I could think all Chinese are much happy and excited!!!
Yangyang is the first torchbearer!!!!that's much  perfect !!!!Congratalations to her!!
Hope our athletes will exert so well that they can win more gold metals!!
Love Olympic Games and our motherland!!!!
Good luck and Best wishes!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-4 23:02:17 |Display all floors
i would like to go to pekin to see olympic,but i cant. too many ppl,too crowdy. all hotels are occupied. anyway,i wish olympic could be sucessful.
Let it be...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-5 07:46:32 |Display all floors

Reply #1 chinadaily's post

I live in BeiJing ,but  i will not see Olympic,  beacuse so crowded  and the ticket is not easy to get.
I will stay at home to greet for our atheltes.
Congratulation the torch, congratulation BeiJing, congratulation Olympic.
Best wishes  to our country!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-5 08:41:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by florasky at 2008-5-5 07:46
I live in BeiJing ,but  i will not see Olympic,  beacuse so crowded  and the ticket is not easy to get.
I will stay at home to greet for our atheltes.
Congratulation the torch, congratulation Bei ...

you got a best choice ,because it will be very crowded ,not better than to pick the result ,while, it will save you amount of  money !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-5 09:29:40 |Display all floors
however, the Olympics torch didn't plan to pass throught Dongguan city , I rather too see it in scene!  but absolutely ! I have no chance,so pity
where there is a will
there is a way

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-5 10:22:52 |Display all floors
the torch will arrive in GZ on wednesday this week, i am thinking about that whether to go to see it.

[ Last edited by kellermen at 2008-5-5 10:43 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.