Author: expatter

Visas [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-17 13:47:06 |Display all floors

Reply #278 satsu_jin's post

Thanks satsu, here's hoping. I'm scrambling for a job now.
Correction, pull your head out of ur a$$ please. There are those of us here who genuinely do love China and want to stay.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 13:51:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 13:54:02 |Display all floors

Reply #281 zglobal's post

Yep mate, and scrambling for a job before the damned visa runs out! How's Mrs Z and your newborn?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 13:57:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-17 14:01:47 |Display all floors

Reply #283 zglobal's post

I'm actually in xintang mate, not quite in gz. I'll pm my cell number to you. Good to hear the family is great!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 11:21:35 |Display all floors

Got my visa today (Applied in HK)

Hey all,

I have been a lurker on this thread for a while now and wanted to let everyone know my situation.

You can still get a multiple entry visa. I picked up my 6 month multiple entry visa (L) this morning, but it was not easy to get! I really had to argue with them.

I am a HK resident (not permanent yet) and have a wife who lives in GZ (Chinese citizen). We work for the same company, but are working in separate cities as per job requirements. At first, when i went to apply they flat out said "NO". Then I started to argue with them and she caved in a little bit. She offered to "help" me apply for a multiple entry visa, but couldn't make any promises. She required a lot of documents (originals and copies), such as: Marriage license, proof of where my wife lives (i.e. deed to the house), past multiple entry visas, proof of our employment etc... etc...

I had a few things going for me I think:

1. A past history of multiple visas
2. A proven relationship (i.e. marriage and not just a girlfriend)
3. All the required documents
4. I was able to argue in Mandarin (her English wasn't very good)

Also, as a tip: go early, go prepared! I was there at 7am (for a 9am opening) and there was already a lineup and MAKE SURE you have all your documents! People were being turned away left and right for not having their papers in order. Even if you don't think they will need it, bring it! It appears to me there is not set rules. Things appear to be very objective still. If you can prove your case, you will get it.

Good luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 11:33:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-5-17 13:54
Yep mate, and scrambling for a job before the damned visa runs out! How's Mrs Z and your newborn?

Perhaps I can persuade Mrs FD to adopt you as family?

Uncle Kiwi? :)
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.