Author: expatter

Visas [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-9 10:44:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-9 13:14:41 |Display all floors

last, last minute info.....

From a person just returned from Hong Kong.

30 days 1 entry L visa all is obtainable there. Even this person presented 2 letters of recommendation from different suppliers.

Will be interesting to see what can be done in the local PSB in Shanghai once those 30 days expire. Will they extend for another 30 days like in the past with L visas?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-9 13:21:31 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-9 13:47:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-5-9 13:21
Rightly or wrongly QC by Chinese staff is not trusted.
No adequate QC, no orders.

If true, it's a sad commentary...
And the backlash was inevitable with or without the present situation!
And I have discussed this before and the usual suspects chirped in with their typically arrogant "let them go elsewhere!"
Be careful what you ask for...
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-5-9 14:48:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-5-9 14:21
As far as I know there are no extensions within China except in rare circumstances.
There are still 2 month(3month) double entry available as of yesterday but letters from suppliers are not a guar ...

ZG,

Don't you see it a bit too pessimistic? Yes, there are hardship cases but for people who are working in China with a legitimate Z visa, an extension in China is still possible. We just had such a case this week in Beijing. No need to apply again abroad for a Z visa. Extension was smoothly granted but I have to say for a Japanese national (not sure about EU or N-American citizens).

For visitors F visa are still issued but not for multiple entries with validity of one year and according to informations that I have received it is possible to extend F visa in China but depending on the business and perhaps also on the applicant's citizenship although no information could be obtained about a list of say 30 countries for which visa issuance will be more difficult.

I see all these hurdles just as a temporary step, something to prevent access to China of anti Chinese elements before the start of the Olympics. A final judgement can certainly not be given before end of September/ beginning of October.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2008-5-9 03:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-9 16:34:08 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-9 16:47:28 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.