Author: thunderbird

Are you always in a hurry? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-2 10:54:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eastsir at 2008-5-2 01:37
sometimes in a hurry, sometimes not. it depends

What's your criteria for fast action and slow action?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 15:02:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-5-2 10:51

Most of us are multitasking...are we fast enough?...at the expense of our health?:)

yeah,quiet right.at the expense of health , but I wanna supplement,also of morality. some uncouth fellow are always taking it for excuse that they are busy with working, they are in a hurry. nonsense!!!!Being in a hurry, is evil layer covering the truth,indeed

for you
·°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴° summer whisper·°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 17:34:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by love_ray at 2008-5-2 15:02

yeah,quiet right.at the expense of health , but I wanna supplement,also of morality. some uncouth fellow are always taking it for excuse that they are busy with working, they are in a hurry. no ...

ask the Japanese why they go home only at 10-11PM
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 19:41:46 |Display all floors
yuh, just as I thought.
·°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴° summer whisper·°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 20:51:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-4-27 22:22

In general, are you a fast person or a slow person?...you like slow dance or fast dance...if you dance at all?...when went out with your boyfriend...did he commented that you were being too slow?

I don't like waiting for people at all...to me... waiting is a form of torture...I have no patience waiting!...I would be a "bad" date for anyone who is slow!     

Ha...  a fast person who likes slow dance ,,  to be frank, I seldom dance .

To be my boyfriend ,he must be more patient when shopping.

I feel the same waiting is a form of torture...  when waiting for my friend

However,I once waited a man for nearly two hours!!!   
I didn't have any good feeling to him at all ,because he was so late
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 23:33:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by love_ray at 2008-5-2 15:02

yeah,quiet right.at the expense of health , but I wanna supplement,also of morality. some uncouth fellow are always taking it for excuse that they are busy with working, they are in a hurry. no ...

Yes, I agree...one can always make a choice of living a "slow-lane" life rather than a "fast-lane"!...give more time and attention to the love ones in our lives!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-2 23:38:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-5-2 17:34

ask the Japanese why they go home only at 10-11PM

Source:http://www.springerlink.com/content/g7486r22700j86x1/

Abstract  The present article is concerned with some of the human factors involved when overtime and overwork become part of the regular and accepted pattern of work, with sometimes tragic results. While the economic miracle of Japan can be much admired, it has not been without human cost. Only recently, national and global attention is being focused on a new and deadly phenomenon in Japan:Karoushi, which the Japanese define as death from overwork, and which I choose to re-define as stress-death related to feelings of helplessness.

It is my tentative hypothesis thatkaroushi is not directly caused by overwork, as popularly assumed. Rather, I believe that overwork is only one factor, and that stress-death is actually caused by the cumulative, long-range effects of working in a situation where one feels trapped and powerless to effect any change for the better, which in turn leads to attitudes of hopelessness — attitudes which are exacerbated, rather than ameliorated, by environmental and managerial factors.

Dr. Walter Tubbs received his Ph.D. in Neuropsychology and Philosophy after doing work at Stanford and Drew Universities. After involvement in brain research at Stanford, he practiced stress-management counseling and biofeedback training at Loma Linda University, and taught for 13 years at the University of Redlands in California. He has been in Japan for 11 years as a Senior Researcher.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.