Author: risette

做人不能太CNN (C-E) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-24 18:59:01 |Display all floors

There is no Freedom of Speech for Chinese in some Western Media.

Originally posted by augustusq at 2008-4-13 19:25

There is no Free dom of Speech for Chinese in some Western Media.

I love English language very much as I love my mother tongue. So I can read news paper written in English. Some media say their reporting is impartial. Some say their world is full of freedom of speech. But quite recently I really dought if they are telling some fable stories.
I read www(dot)telegraph.co(dot)uk. and International Herald Tribune.com. Their comments for some news about China are full of predjudice. Some i think i should post my own opion in turn. But to my great surprise, i find my posts are never posted there.
Why? I think simply because i speak something true and good for our country.

They say China is lacking in freedom of speech. But  I am quite sure here in ChinaDaily there are more freedom than in that western medium.

Now I see, the western media are playing a game--"I Cheat My People". Funny enough?

I agree with Augustusq. My post to CNN's coverage are always filtered.
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 19:08:18 |Display all floors

没有抗议哪来平等---TUMU

1861年,林肯签署了《关于解放黑人奴隶的宣言》;1963年,马丁.路德金在林肯纪念碑前发表了著名演说《我有一个梦想》。他却被杀枪了. 难道 路德金博士的演讲是错的,? 我们白人,都把你们解放了, 你们还到处喊什么喊? 喊的人是破坏美国稳定的因素!?

为了争取平等和尊重, 美国黑人付出了多大的努力!

现在,2007年美国电台DJ  DON IMUS 在电台公然侮骂黑人大学生女运动员是卷毛鸡,立马引来黑人的抗议. 最后他被开除了.----- 这条新闻在无数的美国主流媒体都有报道, 难道他们是在挑拨和利用美国黑人的情绪? 如果不道歉, 是不会有人在那个电台做广告的, 黑人会抵制!! 不会买他们的东西,不买他们的帐.

那道你要说黑人的抗议是错的吗? TUMU 难道要黑人默默无声地忍受吗? TUMU?

现在在美国, 种族歧视是一条很重的罪,为什么?是美国真的没有了吗? 不, 是黑人自己奋争的结果.

如果自己不尊重自己, 自己不替自己说话, 别人只有把我们踩在脚底下.

我们的抗议是和平的,是合法的, 我们不干任何违法的事. 我遣责任何为了讨公道的所有违法过激行为. 一声不吭把头埋在沙里, 那种鸵鸟的思想, 只能纵容更多的西媒漠视中国人的自尊, 让他们继续妖魔化中国.

中国人民善良,热爱和平, 我们民众要的就一声真诚的道歉, 不是那种虚情假意的踢皮球,挑拨中国人民和政府的所谓道歉.
道完歉,这事就了结了, 没有哪个向来宽容的中国人民还会再要求什么了. 如果美国CNN真的是好的, 他们应该首先道歉!  我很奇怪, 明明是别人骂中国了, 在某些人的眼中,反而讨公道的中国人不对了? 什么乱七八糟的混乱逻辑!

强盗跑去你家抢东西了, 你自卫了. 可是自卫的人却被别人骂" 你是破坏和平和稳定者" ? 这是多么可笑的笑话啊.

难道一个成功的有自尊, 自信的中国, 不是你做为华人的骄傲吗? TUMU

-------------------------------------
我一个人我没有那么多的精力一个个地反驳你们,说明你们. 要来一个个来. 别人的帖子我先不会理会,并不是说,我同意你们了. TUMU,你先来.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-24 08:05 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 23:37:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canadianbob at 2008-4-24 06:56
I agree, the reaction has been ridiculously overblown. But, that was actively encouraged by the government-controlled media, so that it could focus all attention on some supposed enemy, and deflect attention from the truth of the original comments. I am very disappointed in how the Chinese government has acted; what works domestically (campaigns against manufactured "enemies", fabricated insults, shouting-down your opponents, alleging phony conspiracies, etc. ,etc.) DOESN'T work in the least in the world outside. China has made great advances in development, but not in politics. It's like the 1960's again. Unfortunately, this will do China immense harm internationally, when it should be improving its influence in the world which now has to suffer under the WORST American administration in history. This was a golden opportunity for China, which has been squandered by the party due to its fear and weakness.

Canadianbob,

Welcome to CD. I can offer you as many as possible how some Western media outlets have entrenched biases, even lies against China and Chinese. Please don't jump your conclusion before you learn the facts.

Here's just a picture ---the cover of Macleans' ---as a Canadian, you might read or hear about this.

The guy who is wielding the weapon and pursuing a monk-like guy is not a Chinese cop at all. He is a Nepalese. But Macleans' used " BUTCHERS AND MONSTERS to demonize Chinese cops and Chinese gov. This is an out and out lie. Shame!!  Macleans' has not a bit of journalism.  It tried to mislead good and kind Western people to against Chinese and China.

And now some media outlets use this picture to against China. As I know, one  South Korean newspaper has used this picture in its coverage too.  You can not imagine the irremediable damage to China's image and reputation that Macleans' did.  I am pretty sad and angry!

More evidences are to be offered at your request.

Have a good day!

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-24 11:54 PM ]
Mcleans'.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 23:53:39 |Display all floors

Forward a post from anti-cnn.com

Dear Mr. or Ms. Editor of Maclean’s,

As a financial research analyst working in a Canadian company, I have to ensure the accuracy of information in our publication before they are sent out to clients. Any misleading and inaccurate message is the least thing we want, since it will only result in downgrading our reputation and credibility in our clients. If we lost our clients’ trust, how could we survive?

Similar to my industry, I think you will agree that the credibility is also crucial to the media industry. However, as a regular Maclean’s reader, I’m extremely disappointed on the way you have reported the story on the Tibet riot and started to suspect the professional integrity and the standard of work ethics Maclean’s has. The reasons are as listed below. If you disagree anything I said or listed, please let me know; as an analyst, I’m totally open to the free discussion and communication, which I think is the only way to the mutual understanding and respect. However, if you agree most of what I listed below makes sense to you, I’m looking forward to a sincere apology announced publicly on your website and in your next issue. To make my points clear and easy to understand, I did comparative analysis based on the way in which Maclean’s reported that story and the Code of Ethics for a professional journalist referred from the Society of Professional Journalists (website address: (dot)spj(dot) org/ethicscode(dot)asp).

First, please allow me write down part of the Code of Ethics for a professional journalist referred from the Society of Professional Journalists: As a basic rule, the Journalists should Seek Truth and Report It. Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Journalists should:

1. Never distort the content of news photos or video. Image enhancement for technical clarity is always permissible. Label montages and photo illustrations.

2. Avoid misleading re-enactments or staged news events. If re-enactment is necessary to tell a story, label it.

3. Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.

4. Avoid stereotyping by race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status.

5. Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.

6. Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond to allegations of wrongdoing.

Then, please allow me analyze what Codes Maclean’s has violated: Okay, let’s talk about the cover page on the latest Maclean’s magazine: a huge vivid and shocking picture “a policeman is chasing and hitting a monk” with a big catchy title “’Butchers and monsters – Things we can never forget about Communist China”. With or without the small label illustration at the right corner, Nobody will deny that this cover clearly send out a strong message, exactly as your title said, “Look: How brutal and immoral China is now! It is a monster and is killing innocent monks now. ” Regarding to the cover page, the reasons for Maclean’s violation of the Journalist Code described above are as following.

1) Misrepresenting and Misleading: Big catchy picture and title with small label is very likely to give audiences’ impression that “the police was a Chinese police” and “Chinese Government is hurting unarmed demonstrators”, neither of which is true based on this cover page, since the police in the picture is not a Chinese and it was Nepal’s police hurting monks not Chinese government. Clearly, the cover page has strong misleading messages. If Maclean’s does not have clear evidence to show the message, then just do not use this one because “Deliberate distortion is never permissible for a journalist.”

2) Manipulation: I would like to say something about the corner label. People will not deny that comparing to the big picture and title, the corner label illustration is just so minuscule and unnoticeable. It only makes audiences feel nothing but Maclean’s sneakiness, dishonest and manipulation of news. People are not fool; the purpose of small label is too obvious.

3) Stereotyping: That “Things we can never forget about Communist China” is stereotyping current China as the old one with negative images which have been created by media among the western society over years. Maclean’s ignored to recognize any improvement in terms of freedom and democracy in China and did not fulfill its due diligence of researching what currently happened in China. It is not fair, objective, accurate and professional to show this stereotyping statement on the cover page only based on the “misleading” picture.

Okay, now let’s talk about the report itself. The subtitle of the report is “The brutality in Tibet is no surprise. Communist China will never change”. Obviously, all of the discussion of the report was built up on the author’s a**umption that Chinese Government has used force to repress the peaceful demonstrators. However, the whole report was only based on the “misleading cove page picture” and “the history of Chinese repression” of the author’s thought, without giving audiences any clear evidence (either in photo or video) of “repression of demonstrators in Tibet from Chinese government”. Don’t mention that the author totally ignored any photos showing that the violence of Tibet came from the demonstrators, any articles written by the foreign Australian and Canadian tourists and any appeal made by the victims or the family of the dead. All of photos, videos, and witnesses’ reports clearly illustrated two critical points in this Tibet riot which are against the Maclean’s report’s a**umption:

1) The “peaceful” demonstrators were not peaceful. They were firing shops, beating random pa**engers and even killing innocent people.

2) The Chinese government did restrain its action during this riot and there is no evidence so far showing the government being a“butcher” or “monster” to the demonstrators. All pictures show how the police put out the fire, helped the wounds and restrained themselves to the violent demonstrators.

I really do not understand why Maclean’s and the author totally ignore these evidences. Is that because they are all against your view? Otherwise, it might be because of the constraints from both language barrier and the ability of research for Maclean’s and the author. According to the Code of Journalist, the author did not do his due diligence to seek the truth, did not illustrate its argument objectively and fairly, and did not even have any clear, accurate, and convincing evidence of the starting point of his argument. This only makes audiences deeply doubt the capability and credibility of the author being as a journalist, which negatively affects Maclean’s reputation as well.

Given my comparative analysis, the only conclusion I could make is that, as a leading influential media in Canada and even in North America, Maclean’s did not have any accurate and credible evidence to back up its messages “China is a Bucher and Monster; they did brutal repression on Tibet unarmed demonstrators”, proving a fact that Maclean’s did not remain being fair, accurate, objective, due diligent, credible and professional by manipulating and misrepresenting the inappropriate pictures and arguments to mislead the audiences in its report of Tibet riot.

Finally, as the Codes said, “Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist’s credibility”, I believe, by keeping open mind to listening different voices and honestly and fairly doing its due diligence, Maclean’s will find its both Professional Integrity and Credibility back.

I am sincerely looking forward your response and deeply appreciate your attention to this long letter.

Best regards,

Ellen He

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 02:27:13 |Display all floors

to rainbow

The cover clearly STATES that the photo is from NEPAL! The story is about China, but FOREIGN JOURNALISTS ARE BANNED FROM TBT! How can they report accurately if your government will only allow "potemkin village" tours (which have been interrupted by anxious, pleading monks) to show a false picture of what is going on?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-4-25 02:56:31 |Display all floors

什么都没发生过(转贴)

连岳 @ 2008-4-24 13:20:32 阅读(626) 评论(18) 固定链接 引用通告

连岳老师,接禁令,近期专栏文章请回避“爱国”、家乐福等。给您带来不便,敬希原谅。环境如此,肯请理解。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

上面是某一家报纸编辑给我【连岳】的留言。

所以一有大事发生,我就特别厌恶自己的时评专栏。将来的人如果仅仅只研究了中国的媒体文章,就会发现,这个国家什么事都没发生过。

-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 03:47:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canadianbob at 2008-4-25 02:27
The cover clearly STATES that the photo is from NEPAL! The story is about China, but FOREIGN JOURNALISTS ARE BANNED FROM TBT! How can they report accurately if your government will only allow " ...

Dear Mr. Bob,

Thanks for your response! I am glad that you are able to distinguish that the photo Macleans' adopted was taken in Nepal rather than in China. But I wonder how many Macleans' readers are able to distinguish that like you? I hope you won't deny that there' s a great possibility that many Westerners will be misguided according to the picture only and even they might not read the article at all. Many Westerners fail to distinguish the physical difference between Chinese and Nepalese at all.

Do you think that journalism is any newsman or newswoman due? Do you agree any media outlet should be objective without any distortion or misinformation? The picture that Macleans adopted for its cover is full of infidelity. It didn't try to explain the picture was taken in Nepal but use " BUTCHERS & MONSTER" " Co-m-mun-ist  China " to try to misguide its readers.

Below is what I learned from the article of a woman whose named is Ellen He.  She quoted it from Society of Professional Journalists.

Journalists should:

1. Never distort the content of news photos or video. Image enhancement for technical clarity is always permissible. Label montages and photo illustrations.

2. Avoid misleading re-enactments or staged news events. If re-enactment is necessary to tell a story, label it.

3. Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.

4. Avoid stereotyping by race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status.

5. Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.

6. Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond to allegations of wrongdoing.

If a journalist can't access a specific location, does it mean he can concoct any story or lie at will?  Any questions, please feel free to let me know. I'll be happy to respond to you any time.

Cheers,

Rainbow

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.