Author: risette

做人不能太CNN (C-E) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-25 14:33:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-4-24 09:30 PM
You are Johnny-come-lately.
Hahaha, one of my friends here suggested that I post that. I guess I'm a little behind the times.
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-4-24 09:52 PM
(1) Seriously enough, Jeff,  We many Chinese people are now protesting Jack Cafferty's insulting words. I don't understand why JL get on his nerves. It is nothing about his business. I never asked him anything. But he doesn't have any right to ridicule us.

(2) As to boy-cott Carr-ifour, it is our right to choose any supermarkets. China Daily is China Daily. Its opinion doesn't stand for Chinese people at all.

Now China bashing is in the vogue. We just want CNN to apologize sincerely rather than rolling his tongue in the cheeks.
Well, really, rainbow, people can be insulted by Jack Cafferty's words or want CNN to apologize but, in the scheme of things, this guy Cafferty is just not worth getting upset over, in my opinion. I'm not saying how you or anyone else should feel—I'm giving you a little different perspective on who this guy is. And, of course, anyone can choose to shop at any supermarket. But I guess it's a question of "picking your battles"—some fights are worth walking away from. We might differ as to which ones.

China-bashing might be in vogue—and no one has to roll over for that—but I think it's better to respond from a stance of strength and national pride than one of grievance and hurt. And sometimes, when you respond from a strong stance, you just "flick away" the offense. That's my opinion, anyway.

And, really, rainbow, househusband is one of the most tolerant and generous posters on the board. Please take his comments in that spirit. He would not attack you—he might be trying to offer helpful advice.

Originally posted by househusband at 2008-4-24 09:40 PM
Hi, Jeff! It's great to see you again too …Well, I would expect to see more of such "clashes" as the Olympics come nearer. Maybe it's a good thing. Both China and the "outside world" need such clashes. So the media will see a "prosperous" year this year, haha.
Well, It's good to have a few "cooler heads" around—the "voices of reason," so to speak—to keep things from getting "out of hand." (I shall avoid mentioning your name so as not to embarrass you. )
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2008-4-24 09:27 PM
Go Bears!
Haha, yeah! Different Bears, though.
BrownUniversityBears.png
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 14:39:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-4-25 14:32

It is okay for you to proclaim whether  you knew pop king or not.
Is Chingish a negative word? Most Chinese speak Chinglish more or less. Any dictionary show Chingish is a negative word?

That's the point!  That you speak the truth doesn't mean you are doing right. Let me make an analogy, if you see a disabled person on the street and exlaim :" Hey! you are a handicap! you are lame!," you are telling the truth and no negative words are used, but you are impolite, to say the very least.
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 14:43:10 |Display all floors
Jeff,

If you would like to really take with me, we can have a good discuss. Now not only China but also Rainbow bashing is in vogue. Not a single guy has a basic courtesy here.

HH, even after hurting me, he still is on his high horse and continued using word to ridicule me.  No a single word of sorry sincerely. Now you can distinguish what quality of your friend hh is. You can easily distinguish his connotation ....
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 14:45:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by househusband at 2008-4-25 14:39

That's the point!  That you speak the truth doesn't mean you are doing right. Let me make an analogy, if you see a disabled person on the street and exlaim :" Hey! you are a handicap! you ...

This is a comparison between apple and banana. Nothing of the sort.

You have been hurting me! I am crying now!

I can not understand why  a gang of you guys who are more than 40s  keep on attacking a woman! You succeeded! You won,  you beat me. Okay?  I am your punching bag, okay?

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-4-25 02:49 PM ]
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 14:58:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-4-25 14:45

This is a comparison between apple and banana. Nothing of the sort.

You have been hurting me! I am crying now!

I can not understand why  a gang of you guys who are more than 40s  keep on ...

" If you can't beat them, join them."
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 14:59:42 |Display all floors
Mad dogs* frothing at the mouth,
Mad dogs howling at the moon,
Mad dogs take turns,
Skipping their meds.
Awoooo, wooo, wooo, wooo.
Mad dogs make like shrews;
Mad dogs sound ashrill;
Mad dogs a-hoot, hoot;
Where's your chill pills?
Awoooo, wooo, wooo, wooo.

* gender neutral, or is that neutered?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 15:11:59 |Display all floors
Rainbow, actually i do not really know if MICHAEL JACKSON did surgery or not, the thing is i do not agree that you put derogatory remark on him. it is unfair!
he is a singer, an artist, what he brought to us are his songs, and they are great! that is enough.
suppose he is the mouthpiece of a face-lift company, i will also agree with your words.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.