Views: 4094|Replies: 7

stick-thin [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-9 14:26:58 |Display all floors
There is no more rewarding moment for roboticists than when they first see their creations begin to twitch with a glimmer of life. For me, that moment of paternal pride came a year ago this month, when my artificial fly first flexed its wings and flew.

It began when I took a stick-thin winged robot, not much larger than a fingertip, and anchored it between two taut wires, rather like a miniature space shuttle tethered to a launchpad. Next I switched on the external power supply. Within milliseconds the carbon-fiber wings, 15 millimeters long, began to whip forward and back 120 times per second, flapping and twisting just like an actual insect's wings. The fly shot straight upward on the track laid out by the wires [see photo, “Winged Victory” As far as I know, this was the first flight of an insect-size robot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-9 16:26:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by clearwater at 2008-4-9 14:26
There is no more rewarding moment for roboticists than when they first see their creations begin to twitch with a glimmer of life. For me, that moment of paternal pride came a year ago this month,  ...

size like a big nail.......

if for model, we say Twiggy is Stick thin
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-9 16:29:15 |Display all floors
薄如XX的?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-10 09:52:59 |Display all floors
这个stick指棍棒?还是指枝条?还是?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-10 10:04:12 |Display all floors
骨瘦如柴的机器人,stick-thin应该是骨架细小的意思吧
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish 求知若饥, 虚心若愚
www.youtube.com/watch?v=60cDHb-tvMA

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-10 10:09:47 |Display all floors
stick有“骨架”的意思吗?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-4-10 10:11:44 |Display all floors
thin as a stick?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.