Views: 14781|Replies: 23

治学必须严谨, 不能丝毫靠造假或搞吹捧 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-3 11:16:45 |Display all floors
In my opinion, 治学必须严谨,不能丝毫靠造假或搞吹捧.

With this right attitude, you can improve your skills quickly, whether in learning English or any other skills.

This is the reason why it may be difficult to stomach someone else's criticisms.

It's human nature to want to hear praise instead of criticism, but in the area of learning a new skill, that would be the greatest impediment imaginable.

Mark my words.

wchao37

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-3 12:55:35 |Display all floors

治学必须严谨, 不能丝毫靠造假或搞吹捧

It is as true as true can be. We are only English learners and translators who only picked up English in a non-English speaking environment, and it is true that everything we expressed in English is a little out of tune, or not authentic. What's more, we really need to be guided or coached how to express ourselves in the correct way, so the native speakers may fiind it rather to understand what we speak or translate.

治学必须严谨, 不能丝毫靠造假或搞吹捧
Learning anything sophisticated entails the meticulous pursuit or unremitting efforts, and it permits of no falsification or any show-off or flattery.

Andrew Yan

[ Last edited by andrewyan at 2008-4-3 01:00 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-3 13:13:02 |Display all floors
Thanks for seconding the motion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-29 22:14:40 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-5 16:32:51 |Display all floors
learning by doing could be better

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-7 09:23:09 |Display all floors
It makes sense to some degree. But in reality it is hard to do so. Even if you want to be strict wit ... this is the earlier post I made to this thread, but it wa s not allowed to be published, I don't know what had happened

I mean when you have too many resources for reference, it is hard for you to 治学严谨, especailly when you are a beginner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-7 20:10:42 |Display all floors
andrewyan Post time: 2008-4-3 12:55
It is as true as true can be. We are only English learners and translators who only picked up Englis ...

This statement is the culmination of my lifelong experience in the pursuit of true learning.

This is actually the definition people usually use for such learning -- not so much about its infallibility but rather the approach that was adopted in the pursuit itself.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.