Views: 5054|Replies: 12

Please Say a Prayer for the Young Girl: Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-2 15:17:23 |Display all floors
Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi was a 14-year-old Iraqi child who was gang raped and murdered along with her family by U.S. Soldiers.

The only known picture of Abeer Hamza is her Iraqi ID card, which was taken when she was two years old.
The card shows her date of birth as August 19, 1991.
Abeerh.jpg
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-2 21:52:30 |Display all floors

Perhaps, after the generations of the american changed, the modern american might have some sympathy in their minds for this innocent girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-3 01:19:37 |Display all floors
Is there any american or jew out there? Would you like to tell us what this meant to you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-3 16:35:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sacrifyyou at 2008-4-3 03:19
Is there any american or jew out there? Would you like to tell us what this meant to you?

I am neither American nor Jewish but I will tell you what I think.

The incident mentioned by GTH simply serves as an example that in the US military, just like every other military service, in any other country on earth, that unfortunatley there are some who abuse their position and power and commit sometimes horrific crimes against innocent people.

China is not immune from this, and while 99.9 % of its soldiers may be good, honest and loyal servants of the nation, there will always be some who are a disgrace to their uniform.

What is more significant, in mentioning this crime here, is the motivation of "Go to Hell" in mentioning this.

There is no real reason for him in mentioning it other than his usual motivation of hate, racism and prejudice.
This reflects worse on him and the other posters here of his ilk, more than the tragic incident mentioned reflects on ordinary Americans.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-3 16:49:10 |Display all floors
I'm an American and I can tell you flatly that this sort of thing is unfortunate and rare but we are thankful that this information rises to public view so that those responsible can be prosecuted and their commanders dealt with, all the way up to the generals if necessary. In the case of these perpetrators, there are three known retaliations and, if there was any idea that there is support explicit or implicit for these actions, the fact that such acts expose the military to retaliation should put to bed any such suspicion.

Currently the perpetrators are winding their way through the justice system, which has been building an extraordinary case against them to ensure their successful prosecution and execution. One is already awaiting trial under the prosecution of the Domestic Security Section, the death penalty is being sought and there are few doubts that the jury will grant it in view of the heinousness of this man's actions, not to mention the risks he exposed other members of his division to.

As an American, though, I'm wondering what the Jews have to do with this....
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-3 20:09:51 |Display all floors

emu

I can not fully agree with you, dear emu. First of all, you need to give some evidence while comparing American military with any other military. Do you have any similar example in Chinese military?

Position and power misuse, no doubt, is very common in the whole world, not only in US military. But this kind of misuse of position and power is only and always expressed by american military. That is why they always found in the newspapers and forums like this one.

Yes, China not immune. But I never heared that Chinese military did something like this. I know, Chinese military go outside country, especially for joint exercises with different countries. But never heard like that.

Whatever, the primary focus is to educate people more about the crimes against humanity. No matter, how much US is militarily powerful, it has to answer these questions. What you say about this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-3 20:21:16 |Display all floors

Interesting

I'm an American and I can tell you flatly that this sort of thing is unfortunate and rare but we are thankful that this information rises to public view so that those responsible can be prosecuted and their commanders dealt with, all the way up to the generals if necessary

Yes, with this kind of attitude, we will be in much good position to prevent crimes. I agree with you. Military crimes are not rare in the world. But now a days this thing rising very fast. and unfortunatly, the american military is also becoming the world's largest military in this regard. couple of days before, I read the news of taxi driver, who got killed in Japan by american military officer. Sad news isn't it.

Ofcourse, such individual acts does not reflects the whole institution. But the problem is that when such incident kept rising and nothing solid has been done to prevent such incidents. The institution will be brought into discussion, as a whole. As the crimes will keep going but the responsibles are also supposed to take corrective actions.

As you said you are american, will you please tell us in details, what america is doing to decrease the crime rate in the military? And also can you provide the links to institutions you mentioned in the following para?

In the case of these perpetrators, there are three known retaliations and, if there was any idea that there is support explicit or implicit for these actions, the fact that such acts expose the military to retaliation should put to bed any such suspicion.

Currently the perpetrators are winding their way through the justice system, which has been building an extraordinary case against them to ensure their successful prosecution and execution. One is already awaiting trial under the prosecution of the Domestic Security Section, the death penalty is being sought and there are few doubts that the jury will grant it in view of the heinousness of this man's actions, not to mention the risks he exposed other members of his division to.

As an American, though, I'm wondering what the Jews have to do with this....

Because I truly and honestly believe that the american nation has nothing to do with the so called war on terror. I do not think they are war mongers or something like that. But the puppits sitting in the american government, the terrorists and hardliners holding chairs in powerful US offices, the enterpreneurs and most importantly the Jews are dragging the whole american in to this war. They are using US for the sake of their own objectives and their objective is to get hold over the whole world. Say if american collapse and some one else pop up with equal powers in the world. Jews will be working to hold him in their hands then. Don't forget the example of China, where Jew lobby is already active to get more priviliges and access to the government institutions etc.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.