Author: expatter

Sarkoszy and Merkel Boycott Olympics [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-7 11:09:41 |Display all floors

Posts #43 and #44

Thanks for understanding. Likewise,  I am not happy to abuse the spirit of the Olympics, truly a great gift to mankind from ancient Greece.

China is making a lot of progress, but invariably there will be those left behind. Let's take care of the 90% first and compensate the 10% that fell through the cracks. It is an intolerable situation that when some small groups think they are disadvantaged, they can run amok, get violent and then run to the Europeans to have China punished for ostensible human rights abuse.

Yes, China could have done things better, but so could the Europeans. The issue here is about blackmail and China must not give in to blackmail.

I would like to believe that a lot of average Tibetans are happier under secular Chinese rules than under the rules of the DL monks.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-7 11:15:17 |Display all floors
When did CCTV start covering them? A browse of the website earlier today revealed nothing. And it seems that, in general, the Chinese media aren't reporting it.

[ Last edited by interesting at 2008-4-7 09:01 AM ]
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-7 11:34:11 |Display all floors
It didn't.  You are right Chinese media are not showing the events in London.  Thousands of people turned out to watch the Olympic flame ceremony.  But some protesters tried to ruin it.  Of course the news you see is all about the people who are against it.  Not those who are for it. The media feed from the dirt at the bottom of the tank.  I think Chinese people and rightly so would be so upset if they saw these images.  Shame on those ignorant anarchists.

Total freedom of speech is actually the total freedom for a minority to do anything they want even if other people, the majority,  don't agree with it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-7 11:37:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-4-7 11:34
It didn't.  You are right Chinese media are not showing the events in London.  Thousands of people turned out to watch the Olympic flame ceremony.  But some protesters tried to ruin it.  Of course  ...

Oh, yes they did show the protest. I happened to watch the news about Tibetan protests in London on CCTV 9. Last night Beijing time. Do not remember what time exactly it was.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-7 11:50:46 |Display all floors
Good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-7 13:16:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-4-3 17:11
No no no , we need to concentrate on BIG ticket  items for IMPORT.  The Airbus and expensive technology for example. We play the " hard to please " customer ( there is NO queue ou ...

Just let them eat their own big ticket items or eat their own words!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-7 13:27:56 |Display all floors
Bravo!I worried about that i can't get a ticket.Now I think i needn't worry any more.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.