Author: dreamflying2

why a single girl at 30 is always refused at a job interview? is fair? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-28 08:37:11 |Display all floors
please be more strong and confident. in our life,we always meet many dificullties that we would not ignore but shoud to conquer. and also I know a suitable job is very very important to every those common persons like you and me although it is not so easy to find. now in your situation, it is a real truth that you can't change your age. so the only thing you can do is to improve yourself in your area.if you can do better than other competitors, you are preffered to get the good opportunity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 09:18:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jennyxxt at 2008-3-28 08:37
please be more strong and confident. in our life,we always meet many dificullties that we would not ignore but shoud to conquer. and also I know a suitable job is very very important to every those ...

to jennyxxt,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 09:34:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by monaka at 2008-3-27 19:05
i am not from a western country. from developing country.
thought it could be helpful.
do research with my chinese friend on this issue.

Let's see.........

Monica - definitely west....

Moniker - also west

Monaka - perhaps Indian developing.......

like Mohan
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 09:40:16 |Display all floors

Keep striving is the best way !

that 's not important for your new job,dont think much more about these companies which mind your age!
Our world fills up with much more opportunities,so what you can do is to go for more interviews and may you good luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 10:21:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dreamflying2 at 2008-3-26 14:34
Hello,friends,this is my first thread, why a girl at 30 is always refused by HR at a job interview just because she is still single but already at the age of marriage & giving a birth ?  is fai ...

in China,you would meet more problems than that.

that was called job discrimination.

I hope you good luck on searching new job.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 10:33:19 |Display all floors
which tpye of job&company did you hurt? Is there any consistency between them? You can not simply pin your failure on age-selection.( or you sure?) Try to find some material reasons.

Are you stronger in your area? Do you put your own position in a correct place? Whether your ability to deal with problem is instant and effective? Can you well handle interpersonal relationships?

If you are confident of yourself , just go for more interviews. Well, sometimes it needs a little luck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 10:52:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-3-26 16:25
.. this ignorant prejudice against 30 YO single women simply cannot occur in China, and this story must be some western media plot.

After all, everything is perfect in China, and there's no reas ...

As a former employer, if I had two candidates of equal ability then I would hire the one who was not going to be costing the company money for maternity leave, sick children, no babysitting service etc. I don't think that is necessarily prejudice - just sound commercial practice.

On the other hand, I have been faced with that choice and hired the newley married girl because her personality was more suited to the young team rather than some old woman beyond child bearing age.

Not sure if I'd hire an Emu though.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.