Views: 7153|Replies: 18

Guangdong reports poultry bird flu outbreak [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-17 10:24:39 |Display all floors
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2008-03/16/content_6540293.htm
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-03-16 20:38

BEIJING - An outbreak of bird flu in poultry has been reported in south China's Guangdong Province, the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) said on Sunday.

The National Bird Flu Reference Laboratory confirmed the case, which occurred at a market in Liwan District of Guangzhou City on Thursday. It was caused by the highly pathogenic H5N1 subtype of the avian influenza virus, the MOA said.

The disease, which killed 114 domestic fowl and led to the culling of another 518, was brought under effective control after the MOA and provincial government took timely emergency measures.

It was China's fifth bird flu outbreak in poultry this year. Others included one in the northwestern Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, two in the southwestern Tibet Autonomous Region and one in the southwestern Guizhou Province.

On February 25, a 44-year-old woman surnamed Zhang in Haifeng County, also in Guangdong, was killed by the H5N1 strain of bird flu virus. This raised the human bird flu cases recorded in China to 29, of which 19 were fatal, according to the World Health Organization.

Li Jinxiang, director of the MOA's veterinary department, on March 10 blamed the unprecedented snowstorm and cold snap that hit the country earlier this year for the outbreaks of bird flu.

The bird flu virus were active in the cold weather, Li said on the sidelines of the annual session of China's top legislature.

The official added the blizzards also made the virus easier to spread after damaging the living conditions of livestock and affecting their regular immunization work, something which is often conducted in February and March.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 12:59:18 |Display all floors
Don't dismiss the possibility of Bio-terrorism, even the outbreak of bird flu in Hong Kong after the handover could be the work of Bio-terrorist attacks. And so was SARS!
China should be on high alert as to possible Bio-terrorism as Beijing Olympics is coming soon.
We have learnt our bitter lesson dealing with KKK for 150 years, they've not changed a bit!
They would stop at nothing to disrupt the Beijing games!
So be prepared and stay ALERT!
Best way is limit the movements of KKK members within China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 13:42:18 |Display all floors
i don't believe it is a terrorist activity.
if it was a terrorist activity , it is too horrible. i just don't wanna believe it.
hhe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 13:44:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frankgc at 2008-3-17 13:42
i don't believe it is a terrorist activity.
if it was a terrorist activity , it is too horrible. i just don't wanna believe it.
hhe

Because you're just too NAIVE a person!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 20:51:16 |Display all floors
About SARS,many people will think it caused by the barbaric cooking of the animals.
back to the poultry bird flu,many caused by the global changing climate,many virus begin to vary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 21:10:00 |Display all floors
Is there any reports that can tell whether we should eat chicken recent days?
It's terrible. Thinking about SARS five years ago, I think we should learn as much and as earlier as possible.
I believe no one want another disaster in China. So if anyone have other information about the thing, just please share it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-18 09:45:33 |Display all floors

It's the human's own responsibility

like all  you said ,It's the human's own responsibility,if this phenomenon keep to  go ,there will be a  virus  storm ,just  as  the  snowstorm  hitted  all  chinese  people ,the  diffrence is  that  it will be a  wholeworld  disaster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.