Author: rosepanther

should customers leave tips in restaurants [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-3-16 18:24:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ghost156 at 2008-3-16 17:44
you get three barbers for your hairdressing?
i got to experience it....

haha No.One girl is washing the hair ,a second girl is preparing the hair until the third girl gives the last style.I need to give a tip for all of them.Most women do it.If I do not they will consider me a mean which I hate since I am known in the area.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-16 22:12:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2008-3-15 20:08
Giving tips in restaurants is necessary in Italy and in whole Europe.Each dish is priced inluding the tip .

The clients do not know that and they leave extra tips on the table.In reality th ...

My friend said he leves tips to the restaurant all the time when he is in US. because this is nice to give tip to them...and they will be also treat you very nice next time..when you to there always...if you don't tip them..they will not give you a good service next time.....:)

so he wants to give the tips to the restaurant when we eat outside most of time....then i told him it's not nessary to give the tips in China...so he listens to me..hehe...íf the food is very delious we do give some tips...

when we go to the spa and foot massage...I also give the tips to the service people..i think this place is different with the restaurant...they really did more better service...and the haircut shop also...they give a good Thai massage...:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-16 22:15:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2008-3-16 18:24

haha No.One girl is washing the hair ,a second girl is preparing the hair until the third girl gives the last style.I need to give a tip for all of them.Most women do it.If I do not they will ...

yea..I understand this very well....My friend and me going to the beauty spa..there are three girls comeing to give you service together...one girl doing your nails..one is doing your feet nails..and the last one is washing your face..so after that..you should give all of them the same tips....if you don't give to them..they really will think you are a veyr mean person.....hehe..i also feel a little bit embrassed if i don't do that....:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 09:39:26 |Display all floors
it is not a matter of legal or not. If someone is generous enough , he will give out tips.
flying without wings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 10:33:44 |Display all floors
why do we have to give tips in china? there are a lot of restaurants,bars,hotels in China.if one don't supply good services,we can change the place. who care? customers are God. i think business in China are more competitive than abroad. , i think tips are some people's face matter.to show people they are generous.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 11:03:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2008-3-15 20:08
Giving tips in restaurants is necessary in Italy and in whole Europe.Each dish is priced inluding the tip .

The clients do not know that and they leave extra tips on the table.In reality th ...

i do not know Italy but that is not the way tips goes in Germany........

my colleagues say he will give a 20 as tips if he spents >100 euros for the meals...........he do not have to give  another 100 euro as tips
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-17 12:50:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-3-17 11:41
[quote]Originally posted by paopaowzi at 2008-3-17 10:33
Why do we have to give tips in China? There are a lot of restaurants, bars, hotels in China. If one doesn't supply good services, we ...

what king of veggie is that???

was it kai lan or tau yah(bean sprouts)???

for if being sprouts, is OK to eat a bit raw
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.