- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 196 Hour
- Reading permission
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Looking for a New Job|
Few people are exactly alike when determining what makes them happy at work, but there are some key drivers of job satisfaction. "Having performed countless exit interviews and evaluated job satisfaction criteria from a variety of employee surveys, I?ve found that there are a number of common factors that are important to employees? happiness, fit and sense of well-being at work," notes Rich Lakis, a Human Resources professional with more than 25 years experience in HR.
在决定什么让人们在工作时快乐时，很少人是一样的。但是，决定工作满意度上有一些关键驱动因素。作为在人力资源部门有25年工作经验的人力资源职业人士 Rich Lakis说：“进行过无数次致辞面试及从各种各样员工调查中评估工作满意度标准后，我发现对于员工在快乐中快乐、健康和良好感觉有许多个共同因素”
Before making a leap into a new job, Lakis suggests you consider each of the following areas and ask these tough questions of yourself and your potential employer.
* With Manager: How employees and their managers get along is one of the strongest employee retention drivers. Ask your prospective manager during the interview process how she makes decisions and how she evaluates talent or superior performance. Can you work with the answers she gives?
* 和上级：员工和经理如何相处是一个留住员工最为强大的驱动力之一。 在面试过程中问一问未来的经历她如何做出决定、她如何对才华、卓越表现是如何评价。 你能针对给出的答案进行努力吗?
* With Peers: Ask who you will be working with and how the people within the department interact. How have the relationships been in the past? Is there much interdependence? What will your colleagues expect of someone in your position?
* 和同辈：问一问你将和谁工作，部门中的这些人如何互动。 员工关系过去如何？ 存在很大的相互依赖吗？ 同事们对你这一职位的人会有何期待？
* With Subordinates: Ask about the strengths and weaknesses of employees who might be working for you. Then decide if you have the skills to effectively manage them or if they have the skills to help the team achieve success.
* 和下属：问一问那些可能也你工作的员工的强项和弱项。 然后，决定是否你拥有有效管理他们的技巧或者是否他们有帮助团队成功的技巧。
* Location/Commute: Be honest with yourself in deciding how far and how much time you are willing to devote to your daily commute. Will it impede your ability to do things that are important to you, your significant other or children? Consider people important to you in making your decision, because home stress can make you less effective at work.
* 地点/交通： 对自己在决定你愿意每天进行多长距离花多少时间花在上班交通上做到诚实。 交通会阻碍你进行对你、对配偶或孩子重要的事情吗？ 在决定的时候决定那些对你重要的人，因为家内精神压力会让你在工作中效率更低。
* Travel: Will having a job that requires frequent overnight travel be an issue? Where will you draw the line? Are you willing to travel 20, 30 or 50 percent of the time? Ask how much travel is required and if it?s spread out evenly or concentrated during certain seasons or business cycles.
* Amount of Work: Try to determine if the culture is one where there is frequent overtime. It?s reasonable to assume that many professional jobs will require you to do the work necessary to complete the job, but excessive overtime could mean insufficient resources or poor planning.
The Kind of Work
* Autonomy: Do you like to work with little supervision or do you prefer detailed assignments? How might you handle being micromanaged?
* Type of Work: Ask questions that will help you gauge what portion of your new job involves project work, building client relationships, developing strategy, implementing tactics or doing creative work? Decide before taking on a new job what you like to actually do.
* 工作类别：问一问那些帮助你能得到新工作中的项目工作、客户联系、开发策略、事实策略或进行创意工作的各自比例的问题。 在接受一项新工作前决定你实际上喜欢做什么。
* Contribution: Will the work you do make a notable difference in your department? The company? Society? Does it matter to you?
* Growth Opportunities: What is the internal environment like relative to promotional opportunities? Ask if internal candidates have been considered for this job. If not, ask why and what that will mean to you in the future.
* 成长机会：内部环境关于晋升机会如何？问一问是否这个岗位过去采取了内部上岗。 如果没有，问一问为什么，及在未来对于你意味着什么?
* Values: People who feel disconnected with the values of the company often want to leave. Ask what the values are and how they are manifested in the day-to-day environment. Do employees just recite the company mantra or are they able to describe how these are applied in the workplace.
* 价值观：感到和公司价值观脱节的员工往往希望离开公司。 问一问价值观是什么，在日常工作中如何体现。 公司理念只是员工的口头禅还是爱他们能够描述如何在工作中应用它们。
* Leadership: Are the leaders of the company people who you and others respect, admire and want to work for? Find out how long top management has been in place, what their backgrounds are and where they came from.
* 领导层： 公司领导是你和别人会尊敬、崇拜、愿意为之工作的人们吗？ 了解最高管理层在职时间有多久；他们的背景及来自哪里。
* Industry: Does the company/industry provide products or services with which you would want to be associated? Research news articles to determine if the industry is healthy and growing or if it companies within the industry are going through mergers, acquisitions or frequent restructurings.
* Base Pay: Are you being offered a salary commensurate with your worth in the marketplace? Make sure it is enough to warrant leaving your current job/company.
* Incentive Pay: If you perform at a superior level, is there an upside opportunity or incentive pay? Consider how the total compensation compares to your past earnings and current expectations.
[ Last edited by hly_2009 at 2008-3-14 01:07 PM ]