Views: 13746|Replies: 79

Lust, Caution" actress banned in China [Copy link] 中文

basket has been deleted
Post time 2008-3-10 09:16:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-10 09:49:59 |Display all floors
Yeah, because banning and refusing to discuss issues really makes them disappear... *eye roll*

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-10 10:05:07 |Display all floors
the 7-minutes are too promiscuous, and run deeply against traditional Chinese culture.

For the good of a growing and healthy China, For the good of China's children, we need to continue working-hard,  never ever rest in that lust,  so, I think,   the 7-minutes  have no room in our society,   and should be thrown to the dustbin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-10 10:50:40 |Display all floors
I have not seen the film , so I can't comment on its content.

If the 7 minutes long part was cut out by censors, well , this is about their job. But why then the action against the film makers goes as far as banning them from China media?  Sentencing them for "not-being". Is SARFT a court, or what? If they sent the film for review to censorship bureau, I do not see anything what would be excusable for banning.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-10 11:27:24 |Display all floors
The version "lust, caution" shown in the mainland is a "purified" one, few people have seen the complete version and have little knowledge about the parts being trimmed, except the SARFT officials.

The actress is not to blame. If the ban is really in place, it would be unfair for her, and the SARFT is not justified to do that.

If the names, pictures of the HK actress, singers and actors involved in sex scandal could appear on TV and print media on the mainland, why the lust, caution actress is singled out for the ban?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-10 11:36:33 |Display all floors
Though I haven't seen the full version of the film, my eyes have been polluted by all popping video ads about the "7-min" and the "scene" all the time. It's free for one to choose from a Hollywood or European rated movie and a Chinese-directed one and the large amount of Chinese movie watchers will prefer the latter as all information about it continues attracting attention. Now the government plays as one of the ads to promote the actress and the movie.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-10 11:42:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mockingbird at 2008-3-10 11:36
...Now the government plays as one of the ads to promote the actress and the movie...

Action and reaction. Isn't it true?
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.