Views: 3912|Replies: 10

Soldier Has Himself Shot to Avoid Return to Iraq [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 4

Post time 2008-3-2 11:01:24 |Display all floors
Soldier Has Himself Shot to Avoid Return to Iraq

Much has been made of the repeat Iraq and Afghanistan tours some soldiers have been forced to endure. One man did not want to return, and he decided he would do anything to prevent it. Including, Army Pfc. Matthew Myers, 20, of Apple Valley, California decided, having a friend shoot him in the leg.

He told police he had been attacked and robbed by an unknown assailant while walking along the Apple Valley Country Club golf course. Unfortunately, someone hadn't watch too many forensics shows, as police became suspicious when footprints near the spot where Myers was shot showed he and the shooter had been walking together prior to the incident.

After police interrogated him for some time (I'm assuming no waterboarding took place), Myers admitted it was all a ploy to avoid going back to Iraq, planned by Myers with his best friend, Daniel Dotterrer, 20, also of Apple Valley.

Charges may be filed, with Dotterrer facing conspiracy and assault with a deadly weapon and Myers facing conspiracy.

While a military spokesman said that a leg wound like Myers' would not normally be enough to cause a soldier to be discharged, it's obvious that it would have delayed his deployment.

Why would he do this? PTSD, perhaps? Unknown at this time, but the incidence of PTSD in veterans returning from Iraq has definitely been on the upswing.

http://snafu-ed.blogspot.com/200 ... -shot-to-avoid.html
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2008-3-2 16:33:52 |Display all floors
I don't blame him as this must seem like an endless and mindless war with repeated deployments for an invasion that should have never have happened. All so that king Bush and his cronies to get rich from stealing Iraqi oil. On top of that he must have read that McCain sys the war will go on for 100 years if needed.

These grunts were too dumb to begin with but by now they must be realising that they have been taken for a ride by their government.
They must look around and not see any of these rich politician's sons and daughters fighting alongside them.
How disheartening but at least he was one of the lucky ones to make it back home.
His fear now is that they will just patch him up and send him back to Iraq.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2008-3-5 11:24:38 |Display all floors

Soldier Has Himself Shot to Avoid Return to Iraq

Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-3-2 16:33
I don't blame him as this must seem like an endless and mindless war with repeated deployments for an invasion that should have never have happened. All so that king Bush and his cronies to get ric ...


yep talk about gullible , some of these guys get tricked into becoming cannon fodder while they are still in school, the U.S government send their parasitic recruitment officers to hassle these kids as they are on their way home from school, they try to befriend them first then ask them what they want out of life, and even temp the poorer ones promising to give them an X-Box if they sign up, these guys must be on some big commision for each head.
They make a point of targeting the poorer black kids as they view them as potenial criminal material so they will definitely be first to go to the front line.
There is a movement amongst some of the parents to stop these parasites from encouraging their kids into the military whilst they are still in education.
I have seen so many of these parasites at work here in the U.K too whilst I was going to pick my kids up from school. I have told my kids if they ever join the U.K forces they would have to worry about me killing them and not some enemy that the U.K government invents. I have had a lifetime of racial abuse from these people so why should I or my kids die for the likes of them?
they will always have a hatred for us from craddle to grave.
when I got my first job, I remember all the crap I got from bitter ignorant old people who just saw me as the enemy, as they think we all look alike I got the anti-Japanese senario. I lost a lot of my family to the Japanese and British but I dont re-act to them in the same way, maybe I should?
then the next senario was the anti-Korean crap, I am not Korean, if they dont want to have their kids and husbands killed then they should not send them to foreign countries to kill others, they see all foreigners as legitimate targets for abuse, injustice and oppression. why cant they just get on with their own lives and let the rest of us do the same?
the answer to that question is purely for the sake of greed. as they seem to think that everyone else has something that they want and that they have the right to take it by force. lets just hope that they never make it out of this solar system for if they do they will export their dirty greedy ways out there too, and probably would expect the rest of us to back them up in this action. I know that I would join the extra-terrestrial side.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2008-3-6 05:20:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dragon1958 at 2008-3-5 11:24
yep talk about gullible , some of these guys get tricked into becoming cannon fodder while they are still in school, the U.S government send their parasitic recruitment officers to hassle these kids as they are on their way home from school, they try to befriend them first then ask them what they want out of life, and even temp the poorer ones promising to give them an X-Box if they sign up, these guys must be on some big commision for each head.
They make a point of targeting the poorer black kids as they view them as potenial criminal material so they will definitely be first to go to the front line.
There is a movement amongst some of the parents to stop these parasites from encouraging their kids into the military whilst they are still in education.
I have seen so many of these parasites at work here in the U.K too whilst I was going to pick my kids up from school. I have told my kids if they ever join the U.K forces they would have to worry about me killing them and not some enemy that the U.K government invents. I have had a lifetime of racial abuse from these people so why should I or my kids die for the likes of them?
they will always have a hatred for us from craddle to grave.
when I got my first job, I remember all the crap I got from bitter ignorant old people who just saw me as the enemy, as they think we all look alike I got the anti-Japanese senario. I lost a lot of my family to the Japanese and British but I dont re-act to them in the same way, maybe I should?
then the next senario was the anti-Korean crap, I am not Korean, if they dont want to have their kids and husbands killed then they should not send them to foreign countries to kill others, they see all foreigners as legitimate targets for abuse, injustice and oppression. why cant they just get on with their own lives and let the rest of us do the same?
the answer to that question is purely for the sake of greed. as they seem to think that everyone else has something that they want and that they have the right to take it by force. lets just hope that they never make it out of this solar system for if they do they will export their dirty greedy ways out there too, and probably would expect the rest of us to back them up in this action. I know that I would join the extra-terrestrial side.


Sorry to hear about your experience, man.

But you sure have a way with words.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2008-3-7 07:39:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-3-6 05:20


Sorry to hear about your experience, man.

But you sure have a way with words.


thankyou Gotohell
I just get so annoyed with some of these jokers who think that they push us around, they turned me into a psychopath  at the age of 11, it was my last day in primary school, on my way home with three of my school
friends and what was waiting for us? only the whole of our year who were also leaving, it was like custers last stand, the only one of us that did not get attacked was white, I was hit in the head with a brick and a few bottles but refused to go down, and for three years after that day I got my revenge, everytime I saw one of them I would get them, and just before I give him a long awaited form of retribution, I would say to him, remember that guy you called a chink while you were throwing bricks and bottles at him? and then he would get it, the problem was I got into the habbit of this and would had been locked up if caught and I did seem to enjoy dealing out the retribution, maybe it was the brick to the head that did it? but when you have the odds of 55-60 people attacking you then it will make you a little crazy maybe thats why I ended up getting the nickname mad dog. I always keep my eyes and ears open and have made sure that I can defend myself and have a fair amount of experience in a few martial arts, I am just awaiting to try my new silent death tecnique on the next racist I come accross as my grandfather and father had to do before me. you take care of yourself my friend.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-7 07:42:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-7 07:46:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.