Views: 2037|Replies: 1

Seven Things to Tell an Interviewer(e-c)practice [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2008-2-29 15:45:47 |Display all floors
Seven Things to Tell an Interviewer
要告诉应聘者的七件事


By Joe Turner, Career Coach
Many years ago when I hated what I was doing for a living, I was encouraged by my career coach to write down several short stories about times and events in my life where I influenced the outcome. I was stumped at first, but after a few days, I came up with more than 15 pages of stories of times in my life where I influenced the outcome and either grew myself and/or bettered the existence of either myself or others around me.

  许多年前,我厌恶了自己的谋生方法。在我的职业教练的鼓励下,我写下了在过去由我影响了结果的七件事情。 这让我开始有些犯难,但几天后,我写出来15面纸。上面是我影响了结果的故事;它们让我获得个人成长并且/或者让我或我周围的别人带来了更好地生存。

So what does this have to do with a job interview?

  这和面试有什么关系?

If you read other books on job interviews, you'll notice they feed you lists of interview questions and answers to memorize. An interview is not an interrogation, however it's a conversation. To make it that way you need to come armed with a multitude of small stories about both your business and personal lives.

  如果你去读一读其它有关工作面试的书籍,你就会注意到里面是面试题目、还有要背诵的答案。面试不是审问。它是一次对话。要让它成为一次对话,你需要用那些”关于自己事业和个人生活“方面的小故事来”武装“自己。

When you go into an interview, you need to leave your nerves at the door. The best way to prepare is to be yourself. The best way to be yourself is to tell your own story (or stories).

  在参加面试的时候,你需要把紧张留在门外。最好的准备方法就是做本色自我。最要做自我的方法就是说自己的故事(一个或多个)

This is especially great for the competency-based interview being used more today. In a traditional interview, the interviewer will ask you questions focused on whether you have the skills and knowledge needed to do the job. A competency-based interview goes further by asking you additional questions about your character and personal attributes that can better determine whether you fit their corporate culture. These are called "behavioral competencies."

  对于如今基于能力的面试来说,这尤为重要。在传统面试中,面试官问你的问题集中在是否你具备工作中需要的能力或知识。能力面试会进一步问你有关性格、个人态度这些能更准确地判断是否你适应企业文化的这些附加问题。它们被称之为:”行为能力“

A competency-based interviewer will spend about half the interview on your job skills, and about half on your behavioral competencies. He or she will be looking for evidence of how you have acted in real situations in the past.

  能力测试面试官会花一半时间在工作技能上;另一半时间在你的行为能力上。他或她会去寻找在过去你在现实情景中会是如何表现的证据。

An employer wants to find out:
雇主要去发现:

    * Are you an asset or liability? In other words, will you make money or save money for the company?
    * 你是一项资产还是债务?换句话说,你会替公司赚钱还是省钱?
    * Are you a team player? Will you fit into the corporate hierarchy or be like sand in the gears? Can you take and give (if appropriate) orders?
    * 你是否有团队精神?你会适应企业上下级还是会格格不入?你能接受及下达(仅为适用时)命令吗?
    * Will you fit into the company culture? They don't want prima donnas.
    * 你能融入企业文化吗?他们不想自我本位的人


The best way to show these traits is to take the initiative and have several personal stories that you can tell, taking maybe 30 to 90 seconds each.

  展现这些特质的最好方法就是采取主动;准备几个适合的个人故事;每个故事讲述时间在30-90秒

You may want to start by developing your stories around these seven areas:
你也许希望能开始从以下方面来构建你的故事:

1. Times where you either made money or saved money for your current or previous company.
1.你给当前或过去公司省钱/赚钱的经历。
2. A crisis in your life or job and how you responded or recovered from it.
2.你在过去对在生活或生活中出现的危机中如何响应或恢复。
3. A time where you functioned as part of a team and what your contribution was.
3.你在团队中工作;以及你在团队中的贡献。
4. A time in your career or job where you had to overcome stress.
4.你在过去工作中克服压力的经历
5. A time in your job where you provided successful leadership or a sense of direction.
5.你在工作中成功发挥领导和方向方面的才能的经历。
6. A failure that occurred in your job and how you overcame it.
6.你在工作上经历过的一次失败以及是如何克服它的。
7. Any seminal events that happened during your career to cause you to change direction and how that worked out for you.
7.事业中任何让你改变方向的重大事件;以及这样的事件对你发挥了如何作用。

I want to emphasize that an interview should not be an interrogation. It should be a conversation between two equals. When you accomplish this you come away a step closer to your goal of landing the job you really want, because...

  我想强调的是面试不应该是审问,应该是基于双方平等的一次谈话。做到这点后,你就会离你心仪工作又近一步,因为...

It's the conversation that wins an interview, and it's the conversation that wins the job

  为你赢得面试机会的是对话;为你赢得工作的也是对话。

To have a conversation, have your stories ready.

  要进行对话;请准备好你的故事。


[ Last edited by hly_2009 at 2008-2-29 03:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 1

Post time 2008-3-22 01:39:58 |Display all floors

Taking a job interview

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.