Author: herdsman

US satellite shot a weapon test? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-20 18:32:45 |Display all floors

Reply #70 canchin's post

This is a bit more complicated (than a spherical)from dynamic point of view. The war heads used for taking steel birds from the blue sky have an explosion shape of a cone. I mean the fragments will create a cone of a certain angle.

If the warhead will approach the sattelite from the "front" i.e. from the direction where it goes, probably all the fragments will fell down and burn in the atmosphere. Usually these rockets cannot reach the space speeds , so I presume not fragment would get a speed sufficient to stay away from the atmosphere. Any part of the sattelite, if hit in a "head-on" collision would decrease the speed in relation to Earth. Only if hit from the rear -> then yes, some parts may stay for longer time up there.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 18:34:46 |Display all floors

Reply #64 canchin's post

The picture with the missle shooter is obsolete.

The new model has a leather jacked against a bit colder temperatures at 30 km .
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 18:41:54 |Display all floors

Reply #71 doberman's post

And...if it's this guy that shoots it, what happens?
missile_shooter_downer_thingy.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-21 09:31:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-2-20 18:07

A couple of points here:

While I don't personally live in the area of the Pacific Ocean they claim they are hoping for (apparently just west of Hawaii, maybe they're upset that the Irish guy ...

your opinion is fresh , maybe today we will see the truth, so just wait.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-21 09:33:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doberman at 2008-2-20 18:32
This is a bit more complicated (than a spherical)from dynamic point of view. The war heads used for taking steel birds from the blue sky have an explosion shape of a cone. I mean the fragments will ...

yes , you discuss also give some inspire, thank you ,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-21 11:17:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-2-20 18:41
And...if it's this guy that shoots it, what happens?

He starts swinging back and forth.

The recoil forces push him back. Wheels of the plane are blocked, so the rack does not move.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-21 12:13:08 |Display all floors
today , the change"one satellite has to face to a chanllage , it will get sunshine about 227 minutes because of the lunar eclipse , in this period of time , chang e "one will located the low temperature and the only energy is battery , so before that situation, they close all equipment .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.