its "their swords will fall on their own heads"

its a proverb really

a prophecy

not something you should really just blab off for no apparent reason

its something that "Happens"

[ Last edited by 1337assassin at 2008-2-25 09:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-25 20:08:27 |Display all floors
assassin has fallen on his own sword .He is incoherent , babbling like the loonie on the hill .

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-2-25 21:18:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-2-25 21:08
assassin has fallen on his own sword .He is incoherent , babbling like the loonie on the hill .

Assassin is mentally deranged. He's a poor sod. If only someone had mercy with him.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 06:56:52 |Display all floors

I voted...

Rwanda.

Considering the following facts:

Centered in the heart of Africa, the first and the largest peace keeping force sent to Sudan trained by the USA, shortest distance to the troubled countries...

And... an $80 million American embassy, the biggest one in Africa...Why did the USA build such a huge embassy here in such a small country?

Landlocked? That will not be a problem, just extend the railways and highways from Dar es Salaam to Kigali for the massive military  movement...and dock the flattop at Dar es Salaam port...

Language? Don't worry, Rwanda is no longer a Francophone country now, English has already been introduced for many years.

Safety? I know you are thinking 1994.  But, I can tell you that Kigali is the most safe place in Africa now.  It is the only place that I dare to walk alone along the street in the midnight.

Last but not least, they are driving on the right side with left steering vehicles, the same as they do in the USA...so, there will be less road accidents caused by the family members of the commanders.

Though Bush expressed his consideration in putting Africom HQ in Liberia before his departure of his Africa tour, I don't think he was serious.  West Africa can be covered by European Command.

My 2 cents for Bush, if he is serious, --- Rwanda.

[ Last edited by afri_simba at 2008-3-3 01:59 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 08:13:18 |Display all floors
Afri,

The major count against Rwanda is that it's landlocked, meaning that AFRICOM will not be easily supplied and can be shut down by refusal of neighboring airspace.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 08:40:35 |Display all floors

California home for AFRICOM.

I propose that AFRICOM should be based in California . Why do the Africans need another base packed with Yankees and their hard ware ?  The natives , especially the women and children , will be at risk of nasty behavior .  It will attract Al-Qaeda like bees to honey .  The African country  "lucky " enough to be selected would get a hole in the head , as just as exciting .  Yankees stay home .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.