Author: gotohell

Shooting in America   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-28 12:44:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-12-26 01:30 AM
The murder rate in L.A. in six month is much greater than the murder rate on the entire continent of Europe in one year.

I'm new here and have read these posts with interest.  I was living in LA during our big Riots in April, 1992.
Many (mostly) Korean shop owners were savagely beaten, dragged from their stores by rampaging thugs,
where some were then forced to watch as the thugs burned down their mostly uninsured small shops.
However, some of the Koreans were armed and knew how to use their weapons against the vicious rioters.
In most of these cases, those shops were saved and the Korean shopowners lived on to make their lives
in the foreign land.  I'm just respectfully pointing out that in certain cases, the mere presence of arms can
stop a crime or save a life.  Remember USA has the Second Amendment pertaining to the
individual right of law abiding citizens to bear certain classes of arms.  Full autos generally aren't
allowed, and the thugs and the bad guys who are carrying weapons generally are doing so illegally.  
I will say that those "Santa Claus" murders on Christmas Eve were pretty horrific...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-7 08:04:46 |Display all floors
Boy, 4, shoots babysitter for stepping on his foot

sfgate.com
Monday, January 5, 2009

Police say an angry 4-year-old Ohio boy grabbed a gun from a closet and shot his baby sitter. Nathan Beavers, 18, was hospitalized Sunday with minor wounds to his arm and side after the shotgun attack. Police say another teen was also injured.

Witnesses told police the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot. Beavers was watching the child at a mobile home in Jackson with several other teenagers and several other children.

Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged.
the anglos are rsponsible for ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-10 07:55:20 |Display all floors
6-year-old brings loaded handgun to Calif.school
The Associated Press
Updated: 01/09/2009

VICTORVILLE, Calif.—

A 6-year-old boy brought a loaded handgun to his Southern California elementary school and it wasn't discovered until recess when he was sent to the campus office because of sagging pants.

The .45-caliber handgun slipped down the first-grader's pant leg Wednesday while a clerk at the Victorville school was helping him put on a belt.

San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Karen Hunt says the boy took the gun from his father's vehicle. Investigators in the town about 80 miles west of Los Angeles say the weapon was stolen during a November robbery.

The boy's father Michael Lewis has now been arrested and booked for investigation of receiving stolen property and possession of a firearm by a felon.

The 6-year-old boy, who will be expelled under the school's zero-tolerance weapons policy, has been released to the custody of his mother.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-10 07:58:29 |Display all floors
Teen chased down and shot dead: family wants answers

Posted: Jan 9, 2009

By Harve Jacobs

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -  

Parris Green's mother is surrounded by stunned family members on her front porch. All you have to do is look at each of their faces to figure out what's on their minds one day after his murder.

"Parris was so humble. He didn't bother nobody, nobody," his aunt, Barbara Green said.

A witness told police Green was walking with his sister on Van Smith Avenue when he was approached by a group of men. One of them reportedly asked him quoting now, "Is that you?" Green said no. That's when the gunfire erupted. Green ran for his life, but he collapsed under a nearby oak tree.

"Our heart was just torn. It opens up wounds that we had," Barbara Green said. "Another young family member that got killed seven years ago, so this opens up all the wounds all over again."

"When you shoot a man one time and you chase him down and put eight more bullets in him, we have a problem with our community, no regard for life, not at all, Elder James Johnson said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-12 03:45:13 |Display all floors

Reply #7 cyberspook's post

'' If you outlaw guns,Only outlaws will have them''
Cool post Spook. PEACE
WALT 88

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-12 04:01:00 |Display all floors

Reply #107 buddy35's post

The '' Owner'' of this Firearm, Should be charged with this Crime. First off, The Firearm should have had a trigger lock on it,kept in a Safe/Lockbox and been unloaded. Reckless,Stupid people cause such things as this..!
WALT 88

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 12:32:55 |Display all floors
I tell ya, when in the 1960s people were friendly and crime was low.  We still had the death penalty in most states.  
Into the 1970s drugs really hit hard, crimes started to rise.  The 1980s more drugs, people less responsible, broken families, gangs and alchohol.  I think you see what has been happening.  Our laws have become so weak and the jails over crowded with Mexican and arian gangs.  Where is this world headed?  I like the Middle Eastern way of justice.  You kill, you die.  You steal, you loose hand.  Justice should be swift and final and if any lawyer speaks out, include them in the punishment.  Just my 2 yuan.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.