Views: 2721|Replies: 2

Quirky resources for quirky jobs(e-c)practice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-3 16:30:00 |Display all floors
Quirky resources for quirky jobs
提供古怪工作的古怪网站

By the time I was ready to graduate college, I didn't much waver in my choice of careers. My laser-like focus on journalism jobs was dictated by my utter lack of any other skill. I grabbed my b.a. in journalism, took the NJ Transit train straight to my first reporting job (making $20 gees at Adweek, thank you very much), and have never migrated to another field—much to the detriment of my net worth.

在我准备读研究生时,对事业的选择并没有太多动摇。 我那“如激光束”般集中的焦点放在新闻学上是因为我完全没有其它技能。我获得了新闻学学士,乘上新州捷运火车直奔我第一份新闻报道工作(在Adweek杂志2万美元,非常感谢),从没有涉足别的领域--从而影响到了我自身价值。

This put me in the minority, turns out. Eight in 10 college graduates never work in a career related to their major field of study, says GraduateResumes.com. Seems most of us leave college with absolutely no stumpin' idea of what the heck to do next.

结果,这让我成为了少数人。根据GraduateResumes.com网站称,10个大学本科生中有8个都不会从事自己专业有关的事业。似乎我们多数人在离开大学时根本一点都不清楚下一步做什么。

That you? Fear not, young folks. What with your access to the World Wide Interweb, the job world is your oyster...you just need to crack open the right shell. Following are some resources for career-sampling:

你也是? 别担心,年轻人。 有了国际互联网,你就拥有工作的世界..你只需要将正确的那个打开。 以下是

VocationVacations: The idea behind this web site is that you won't really know if a dream career is dreamy until you try it out. So why not spend Spring Break wrangling alligators or shadowing a restaurateur or designing handbags? The site lets you search for jobs, narrowing down your choices by general categories (how about something to do with alpacas? or baking? or baking and chocolate?). You could sign up for the free resource guide, or buy the book, Test-Drive Your Dream Job: A Step-By-Step Guide To Finding & Creating The Work You Love, by VocationVacations founder Brian Kurth.

VocationVacations: 该网站的想法是在尝试之前,你的确不知道什么是你的理想事业. 所以,为什么不在复活节节假日时,斗鳄鱼或担任餐馆老板工作或设计提包? 这个网站就让你寻找工作,通过各个大类来缩小范围(和羊驼毛有关的工作如何?或 烘面包,或 烘面包和巧克力?) 你可以免费注册获得资源向导,或者买书--《测试你理想工作:跟我学找到&创造你喜爱的工作》。作者是网站创始人Brian Kurth。

OneDayOneJob: This site profiles one job a day. Tuesday's was an opening at Woot!, a web site offering, among other things, auctions for Bags o' Crap. All right, don't all click at once. Not all the jobs are kooky; this guide to finding jobs at Apple is helpful and easy to follow. You can subscribe by e-mail or RSS feed for your daily eureka.

OneDayOneJob:该网站每天对一份工作进行简要介绍。 周二的职位网站Woot!一个空缺岗位;Woot!是除了提供物品,还提供“垃圾物品”拍卖的一家网站。不要一起点;并不是所有的工作都稀奇古怪;就有一个在苹果公司求职的指南易懂很有帮助。 你还可以通过电子邮件或RSS来订阅。

Squidoo's Odd Jobs Club: Here's the pitch for this site, in its own words: "The Odd Jobs Club connects unconventional people with unusual jobs in under-the-radar organizations." This bloggish site is more of a compendium of silly, out-there jobs—"weird clown in Venice"; "condom tester"—but it does offer useful links. And who knows—maybe you're a chicken-hat designer and you don't know it.

Squidoo's Odd Jobs Club: 以下是该网站的定位,用它自己的话说:“古怪工作俱乐部网站是不寻常的人和无名组织中不寻常的工作之间的联系人" 这个博客式的网站更像是古怪工作集合--”威尼斯的古怪小丑“;”避孕套测试员“--不过,也不乏有用链接。 谁知道呢--也许,你就是一位鸡帽子设计师而你并不知道。

[ Last edited by hly_2009 at 2008-2-3 04:31 PM ]
1.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-20 21:05:20 |Display all floors

Taking a job interview

This is the link to the article;
click here

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-22 12:16:57 |Display all floors
Thank you for your reply and your link :-)

[ Last edited by hly_2009 at 2008-3-22 12:18 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.