Views: 174023|Replies: 1702

Why do you shop? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-24 04:58:43 |Display all floors
Why do people shop?....well, basically there are three reasons as follows:

1) People shop for practical reasons, like..."Ops ....I run out of condoms"...."I haven't ate anything for 3 days"...."I need a bed for  my friend...because he/she is staying overnight"....well, you got my drift!

2) People shop for social reasons....Like "Hey, I was there...didn't you see me there?"...."That's a cool place to be"...."Hi, sweety...nice seeing you here!"...."Did you see that?...wow!...cool!...fantasic!"...

3) People shop for emotional  reasons...."He doesn't love me anyone...sob,...sob...I will shop until he drops...that's his heart rate or his bank account"..."I am so happy today...I will buy up the whole store"....."I am depressed...let buy some excitments"....etc.

SO.....why do you shop?....all the above reasons?....none of the above reasons?....different reasons other than the above?

Your unique and precious thoughts please!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 05:00:47 |Display all floors

Reply #1 thunderbird's post

1 and 2.  3 only if I'm buying a gift to cheer somebody up.
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 05:01:58 |Display all floors

I shop because I am!

Seriously - I need food, I shop - not kill and grill

I need clothing, I shop - not kill and tan or grow and spin

Everything else, I leave to the wife - because she is in control.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 05:07:51 |Display all floors

Reply #3 tradervic's post

In this there is wisdom.
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 08:13:06 |Display all floors
When I have a thousand USD in the bank....I can't really see it...and I can't touch it....only a statement from the bank proves that I have a thousand dollars!

When I have a thousand dollars worth of LCD TV sitting in my living room ....I can see it ....I can touch it...I can ever punch it!...it is there for me to look at everyday (even if I don't turn it on)...like a piece of fine art!

Maybe that's why I like to spend my money on (almost) useless things for emotional reason...I feel emotionally satisfied every time I look at my LCD TV!

[ Last edited by thunderbird at 2008-1-24 08:14 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 08:20:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-1-24 05:01
  Seriously - I need food, I shop - not kill and grill

I need clothing, I shop - not kill and tan or grow and spin

Everything else, I leave to the wife - because she is in control.

It is better not to get into wife's territory...peace will prevail when both can shop as much as they want (within a reasonable limit)!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 08:23:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scarylaowei at 2008-1-24 05:00
1 and 2.  3 only if I'm buying a gift to cheer somebody up.

Who do you usually want to cheer up?...friends?....relatives?....cheerleaders?....????:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.