Little supermarket decisions we make everyday like buying milk, bread, meat, dairy, juice and even fruit can add up to weight gain. Here's your ultimate guide to shopping smart so that the supermarket does not sabotage your diet.
Before you even walk into your supermarket, consider these tips:
1. Never shop when you're hungry. 绝不要饥饿时购物
2. Never shop without a list; there's no such thing as running in to "pick up a few things."一定要一份购物清单； 不存在“挑选几样东西”
3. Try to not shop with your kids; they can often distract you from making the right choices and reading ingredient labels.
Once you get into the supermarket, follow my lead....
1. Avoid alluring displays of new foods 避免观看具有诱惑力的新出品食物展示。
2. Avoid grabbing food samples - each mouthful is approximately 25 extra calories. That's 100 calories after just four bites!
3. Shop the outer perimeter of the supermarket where the healthier items are first; the unhealthier foods are located in the center aisles (by the time you've picked up your produce, low-fat dairy, whole grains and lean proteins your cart is starting to get full and you will be less likely to buy the "bad" stuff)