Views: 2088|Replies: 0

Fight the Energy Vampires(e-c)practice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-2 17:11:42 |Display all floors
Fight the Energy Vampires
精力吸血鬼

Discover how to safeguard your spirit from 3 common thieves.
发现如何防范三种“精力”窃贼

By Cynthia Dermody
From Reader's Digest
August 2004

They're everywhere -- people who make themselves feel better at our expense. "But if we're prepared, they won't have power over us," says Judith Orloff, psychiatrist and author of Positive Energy. Here's how to deflect the vampires as they strike:

这些人随处可见--把自己的良好感觉建立在别人痛苦之上。“如果我们有所准备,他们就对我们没有影响力”这是Judith Orloff的话。Judith Orloff是精神病医师、《积极能量》一书的作者。以下是当这些“吸血鬼”们进攻时如何挡开他们的方法:

Constant Talker
喋喋不休的人

Scenario: Your airplane seatmate wants to talk politics -- for the whole flight.
情景:飞机同座想谈论政治--整个时间
Solution: Say, "That's interesting, but I hope you understand this is my time to relax. I need to read now."
解决方法:说:“这很有趣,但是我想你能体会现在我要轻松一下。我现在要读书”

The Drama Queen
很夸张的人(一惊一乍的人)

Scenario: To your co-worker, losing $1 in the vending machine is the end of the world.
情景:对你的同事来说,自动贩卖机上吃了一美元等于是世界末日
Solution: Say, "I'm sorry that happened -- I hope you can work it out -- but I need to get back to work."
解决方法:说:“真遗憾-我希望你能把问题解决--不过我现在要回去工作了”

Knife Twister
扭曲者

Scenario: A "friend" consoles you after a bad date, saying, "Maybe you're setting your sights too high."
情景:在你经历一次糟糕约会后,一位“朋友”来安慰你,她说:“也许是你的眼光太高了”
Solution: Minimize contact with that person. At the least, tell her, "That was hurtful. Please don't say things like that to me." Then recognize the insults for the insecurity that they show.
解决方法:尽量少和那人接触。 至少告诉她:“你的话伤人。请不要对我说这样的话”,然后,你要意识到因为是那人自身的不安全感才造成她说出那番侮辱到你的话。

Last Updated: 2006-08-07

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.