Author: chinadaily

Expectations about Beijing Olympics [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-18 04:46:31 |Display all floors

best wishes

To the People of China not everyone in the west is mad about Tibet . I personally think it is a internal matter just as the riots in Detroit or Watts was to us or the riots the french had was it just last summer ?. I hope the Olympics are a smashing success ,from what I've seen of your venues the buildings are awesome! I think China is just starting to hit your stride and other countries and some of their people are jealous because of China's superpower status. I have much respect for the Chinese people your culture and even your Government as I don't hear stories of people starving I do hear though how most peoples lives are getting easier. Someday I would like to travel to China as you have a most amazing country! Again Best Wishes  Roy L. Mitchell

Roy L. Mitchell >{ Phque To }<

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-21 11:40:42 |Display all floors
I hope everything wil be fine during holding the Olympic game.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-22 19:47:05 |Display all floors
i am greatly worry about the terrorists of Xinjiang and Tibet who have done a lot of  terrors ,it's possible that  they will demolish the game

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-23 16:17:19 |Display all floors
Traffic will not change.  It is a problem now and it will continue to be even after the Olympics.  An estimated 500,000 visitors will be traveling to China for the games and most will come to Beijing.   The two ways to alleviate traffic are to encourage more use of mass transit, if possible, and limit the number of autos registered to local citizens allowed on the road, which is unfortunate if you own a car in Beijing.  

Although service has improved in Beijing, the standard that visitors will expect is going to be high.  The costs of traveling to China for the Olympics including the costs of the over-priced hotels, local transportation, event tickets, meals, etc.  is going to be expensive.  Most people who are coming are going to stay for longer than a few days, I suspect an average stay of at least 5 days.  People who are able to spend that kind of money to travel are more likely to have a higher expectation than someone who goes to the beach for a weekend.  High investment =  high expectation.  

The other mannerisms of spitting, not waiting in line, littering, etc. are still very apparent and can be seen everyday.  With or without the Olympics taking place in China, these mannerisms need to be remedied.   Changing these habits will create ripples that can morph into waves of positive change.

Good luck Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 17:32:48 |Display all floors
The traffic is the important,  and the surrounding is important too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 09:57:49 |Display all floors
yes,wheter or no,we should sustain olympics all the time

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-26 09:09:30 |Display all floors

Keeping normal mind

I disgree that all country are will be motivated to support  this event,  chinese people always like full-people    activities,it is very ridiculous in my view,and  gaining is much little compared with cost!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.