Views: 54925|Replies: 146

Expectations about Beijing Olympics [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-12-25 17:25:07 |Display all floors
With the 2008 Olympic Games drawing near, the host city Beijing, which is in full-fledged preparations for the gigantic party, has already step into the global spotlight. What are your expectations about the event? What improvement do you think is most needed to make a successful gathering? What legacy will the 2008 Games will leave to China, the Olympic movement and the world? Please share with us whatever you want to say about the upcoming Games. Some of your comments will be published in the Olympian of China Daily. Any suggestions are welcome.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-25 17:44:31 |Display all floors
you know .beijing is a large city full of people ,i thk the traffic will be so heavy and lots of cars will be stuck in the streets in 2008 ,so improve the trafiic first

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-25 18:27:24 |Display all floors
Each year the games come with more carefully choreographed ceremonies, so I expect those to improve in 2008. I also expect lots of scandals because accusations in sports seem to be more common of late than in the past.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-12-25 18:58:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2007-12-25 18:27
Each year the games come with more carefully choreographed ceremonies, so I expect those to improve in 2008. I also expect lots of scandals because accusations in sports seem to be more common of l ...

I wont be modest. I expect nothing less than a super event, something that the world never has experienced before. I expect China to present herself to the world as a hospitable, friendly and modern nation.

For the main actors (athlets) I hope that the Beijing games will be fair and scandal free. I know that this is wishful thinking but one can hope, at least.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-25 19:23:26 |Display all floors
Satsu,

Well, since every Olympics has been like that since Hitler upped the media ante, I don't really bother with it. Each year it becomes a larger media event and each year the ceremonies overshadow the athletes ever more. Not that I'm complaining, of course: I don't really care to watch sports and I think the Olympics is mostly an athletic freak show besides.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-25 19:40:46 |Display all floors
of course ,the first thing to improve  is environment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-26 00:04:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2007-12-25 18:27
Each year the games come with more carefully choreographed ceremonies, so I expect those to improve in 2008. I also expect lots of scandals because accusations in sports seem to be more common of l ...

you freak

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.