Sex ratio imbalance besets China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-23 13:10:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-23 13:43:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2007-11-23 13:10
""" Seneca would stick yr bottom too """""

Seneca just used the word STICKING POINT....so he referred to yr BOTTOM............Moron
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-23 14:03:08 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-23 17:58:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2007-11-23 11:54

...and that's the only sticking point, knucklehead! You don't understand the "motifs" of the hundreds of millions of East Asians that have committed to a lifetime with a local partner ...

Are you five years old or what? It's getting really tiresome to read the same unfounded misconceptions over and over again. If you want to continue the discussion on sex selective abortions, please address my four questions. That's how adults discuss things:

1)  What is the relation is between your offensive opinions on the motifs for Chinese women marrying westerners and sex selective abortions in China? Presumably you think there is a connection since you brought up this topic when you entered the discussion.

2)  Explain why mothers in South Korea prefer sons to daughters and why South Korea also has made sex selective abortions illegal if the problem is only rooted in the ills of the Party and the one-child policy?

3)  If it is only an economic problem found in poor rural areas in China, why do we find gender imbalances in Ta!pei but not in rural Africa? Why do we find gender imbalances in South Korea, Ta!wan, India, Vietnam, ... but not in Algeria, Ethiopia, Namibia, ...?

4)  Finally, you've accused me of "lecturing that we should blindly accept the outcomes of pre-modern social practice" and of "advocating a people's right to commit infanticides". I've asked you to show where I've done this "lecturing" and "advocating". Just copy and paste from my previous posts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-23 19:46:39 |Display all floors
I think the measure China should take  is cancelling the policy  that   a family can only have a baby. and then,many parent can have a girl and a boy ,that will  decrease the sex birth ratio!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-23 21:29:51 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-24 04:49:44 |Display all floors
from what I can see the one child policy has had it's desired effect , do you really think that this gender imbalance was not thought of when they first proposed the one child policy ? do you not think that this policy was needed at that time to insure the population did not outgrow the Chinese economy , the instigators of this policy would of looked at all the side effects , pros and cons and decided that the pros outweighed the cons and that it was necessary for the long term sustainability of Chinas economy , now they have a new challenge , no less important but one they have been considering for some time , I hope their new strategy is as effective as the first.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.