Author: voice_cd

Sex ratio imbalance besets China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-21 01:28:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2007-11-14 16:22

True, the mail-order bride business could be a big money maker in the years to come.

Highly recommended to your daughter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 10:26:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 12:04:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by heyyou at 2007-11-21 01:28
Highly recommended to your daughter.

Yeah, well phuck you!
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 14:23:50 |Display all floors
It's a cultural and traditional thing folks......they're gonna reap what they've sown....more's the pity!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 15:56:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2007-11-20 22:58
Oioioi,
your posts have badly failed to enlighten those of us  you deem "uninformed" or intellectually deficient; I hold you have in fact contributed nothing to this thread except to mal ...

Yes, I do find you uninformed and intellectually deficient and you do absolutely nothing to prove me wrong. How about trying to answer at least one of the questions addressed to you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 16:49:52 |Display all floors

questions for Seneca

Here are some of the questions again in case you've already forgotten:

1)  What is the relation is between your offensive opinions on the motifs for Chinese women marrying westerners and sex selective abortions in China? Presumably you think there is a connection since you brought up this topic when you entered the discussion.

2)  Explain why mothers in South Korea prefer sons to daughters and why South Korea also has made sex selective abortions illegal if the problem is only rooted in the ills of the Party and the one-child policy?

3)  If it is only an economic problem found in poor rural areas in China, why do we find gender imbalances in Ta!pei but not in rural Africa? Why do we find gender imbalances in South Korea, Ta!wan, India, Vietnam, ... but not in Algeria, Ethiopia, Namibia, ...?

4)  Finally, you've accused me of "lecturing that we should blindly accept the outcomes of pre-modern social practice" and of "advocating a people's right to commit infanticides". I've asked you to show where I've done this "lecturing" and "advocating". Just copy and paste from my previous posts.

Ok Seneca, this is your chance to show us that you're not uninformed and intellectually deficient.
Good Luck!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-22 03:01:51 |Display all floors

Reply #44 wowzers's post

Don't recommend it if you don't agree with it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.